1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone have a Habitent they’d like to sell?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by JulesA, Feb 4, 2023.

Tags:
  1. JulesA

JulesA New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    As a newbie Prius owner I was very disappointed to discover the people making the Habitent have decided to shut up shop. So I’m wondering if anyone has one they aren’t using they’d like to sell.
    Otherwise, any suggestions for alternatives for a Prius tailgate tent…?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hmm. I have one I bought for a Gen 3 from another PriusChatter and have never used, except to test fit on my Gen 3 once.

It fit very poorly, insanely tight across the top of the hatch, and that made me wonder if it's really a Gen 2 model sold as Gen 3 by mistake.

I don't know if they made different G2 / G3 models with different dimensions. There's no label or printing on it that I can find, other than "habitents.com" silk-screened on the sides.

I've been hanging onto it and thinking maybe it could be tailored a little and made to fit my Gen 3.

But then, I also still have a similar thing a friend sewed for me years ago for a Bronco II I had then, and if something has to be tailored anyway, it might be just as easy to re-tailor that.

3. JulesA

JulesA New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Thanks for your reply - reminded me that I left out mentioning that I'm looking for a habitent for a Gen 2. It must have been disappointing that the habitent you purchased didn't fit your Prius well.

However I'm not exactly sure if different models were for made Gen 2 and Gen 3, and the posts on the Habitent Facebook page are a little confusing. Some mention availability of 2003-2015 tents, and earlier posts mention 2003-2009 and 2010-2016 models.

So I suppose the upshot is that if you feel like selling your habitent, feel free to let me know :)

4. cee cee

cee cee New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a Habitent for a 2014 Prius 3 that I'd be happy to sell you. I LOVED it but no longer have the car. It works great fits well, no leaks etc.

Lady Uber likes this.
  5. JulesA

JulesA New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Thanks for your message. If your habitent was for a Gen 2 Prius I'd love to buy it from you! Unfortunately it won't fit my 2008 car.

6. Lady Uber

Lady Uber New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Cee Cee! Do you still have the Habitent? I’ve got a 2014 Prius 4 and I’d love to buy it! I’m in Nashville, TN.
    I signed up for this site just to reply to your comment, haha! Hopefully you’ll get a notification…‍♀️

7. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Oh, I didn't see this reply at the time.

Any chance you're still looking for a Habitent-that's-too-tight-on-a-Gen-3?

8. Bluebyrd

Bluebyrd New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would like to buy the Habitent. I have a Gen 2 and figure I'll roll the dice. Was always curious about these.