1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone have problems today with "Cash for Clunkers" ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ridegsxr714, Jul 25, 2009.

1. plow

plow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Oh dear you have been totally misused by these people! They have indeed led you to nowhere it appears. They might have processed your paperwork if you submitted it properly and they knew what properly meant. If you have a deposit in writing along with a Purchase Agreement stating - $ 4,500 CARS and they have a car on the lot saying SOLD with your name on it...go after them now!

2. GoSkins

GoSkins Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Some of these stories are sad. I thought I had a rough time but after reading what some of you have gone through, I had it easy. I made my deal last week, 3 days before the program started. My Prius was not supposed to be in until this Tuesday. When I made my deal last week, they asked me if I had a clunker and I said I did. They asked me if I could bring in the title, registration and insurance card for the clunker right away so they could get everything set up so they could hit the Gov's website just as soon as it opened. As it turned out, my Prius came in the day the Clunkers program started. It took me 3 hours to sign all of the paper work and finally drive out with my new Gen III. I was happy but I was pissed because it has never taken me 3 hours to pick up a new car. Now, I think I was very fortunate I got the $4500 off an already good deal.:cheer2:

3. 2010_Prius_Owner

2010_Prius_Owner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sitting in dealersip now buying second 2010 Prius 3 with Nav. This time with Cash for Clunkers. $4500 woohoo! They have a parking lot full of the 3 & 4s. Pick the color. $25625 for Prius 3 with Nav. Minus $4500 clunker and they are giving us $16000 for our 08 Honda Civic Hybrid. Not bad. Only problem I heard is Goverment website is down. Rumour is gov is kicking a couple billion more into the program to keep it going. Of course I have no way to confirm that.

I am using Iphone typing this going into the web through Team Toyota's open WIFI. Lol

4. GoSkins

GoSkins Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I thought Toyota had a safety feature that kept you from being able to use your Iphone while in the dealership buying a car??

Congrats!:rockon:

5. 2010_Prius_Owner

2010_Prius_Owner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    lol need the humour. It is 11:15pm and we are just getting paperwork done. This place was packed with people buying cars.

6. turapeach

turapeach Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Our car just came in today. The White House says that dealers CAN keep processing deals until tomorrow. I offered to buy back my clunker if our dealer will process the paperwork and the Senate doesn't approve the additional $2 billion. They won't do it.

Now my husband is trying to reach someone (our sales guy or his manager - neither are answering phones or pages) to say we will leave them a check for $4500 AND our clunker if they will just process the paperwork so that IF the cars being processed today are OKed, we will be in line, but I doubt they will do it.

I had to inform THEM that they were not required to kill the engines until 7 days after they receive their money, and I don't think they believed me! Our sales guy kept saying things like, "The general public doesn't know that the whole $3 billion has be spent," and he expects me to believe him when he doesn't even know the current regulation of the program! I guess they think the general public doesn't know how to read. It is all spelled out on the government website! ARRGH!!!! :mad2: