1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone have the NexPower lithium?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ozarkretiree, May 10, 2022.

1. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    You replaced the clock-spring on your car and took it for a 300 mile one way test ride, rested 30 minutes and drove back? Holy moley, you are a maniac, lol !! I hope it was a beautiful scenic ride!

During the half hour rest was the AC on? If so, did the car go down to 2 bars and cycle between 2 and 3 bars the entire time? When it came time to go, did you start your drive while at the 2-3 bar mark?

Disconnect the air tube from the filter housing and see if anything changes.

2. LINGARAJU GOTTUMUKKALA

LINGARAJU GOTTUMUKKALA Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Lol, no ac was never on during trip, it was on 3 bars when I got there and started back and the entire back trip it stayed between 2 red bars until I came back into city. I have already looked into the tube you mentioned and it is clean. What I meant by lack of torque was totally no power from the electric motor as battery had no juice but engine ran fine and was screaming on the way back.

3. Daniel CW

Daniel CW Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Are you saying the Chinese cylindrical modules are copies of the NPB? I believe it might be the other way around, I have seen many commentators here waste down, the Chinese modules as having half the capacity of OEM even though I have seen actual capacity test done showing 6500mAH, IMHO these modules are a cheap good alternative to OEM or Lithium, however don’t expect the same longevity as OEM.
    as for lithium, there is a video on YouTube where a tech did a tare down of the LifePO blade and the “cheap looking balancer being used inside” even though what’s good it’s a serviceable part.