1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

anyone installed a sunroof?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by nmgreen, Jan 15, 2006.

1. nmgreen

nmgreen New Member

Just ordered our '06 yesterday. Who has researched and/or installed a sunroof in your Prius? The previous threads have indicated some interest and one owner appeared to have gone ahead and done it (silverstreak05 ?). But I've yet to hear reports back on them. I know it will reduce mpg some with lost aerodynamic properties; but not so bad at lower speeds when you would have the roof open for some air circulation and less wind than windows open. It's been nice to have on previous cars, and it's important to the wife. Any successes with them out there? Please let me know what you've found out. Any quality installers you know about, especially in the southwest and specifically the New Mexico area? Thanks

2. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

I know that a dealership in California now installs them - they didn't have pictures, but I imagine that it would look great. I think the price was something like $2000 though. Good luck!

3. PRIUSGT

PRIUSGT New Member

Classics soft trim can install them 2000K I belive as well. You loose some room in the roof if you do install it.