1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone installed Kenwood DNR1007XR in Gen 3 Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by talkin73, Oct 3, 2022.

1. talkin73

talkin73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Looking at this to replace my current aftermarket unit. But, cannot locate any posts about someone installing this item. Anyone have this installed? Does it make using the dash controls or access to push start problematic? Other pros/cons? Thanks.

2. msequence

msequence New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes I have. I've got the DMX1057XR in mine. It slightly obscures the climate and fan speed buttons but that's only because I'm 6'3" and my line of sight is higher than my wife who doesn't have an issue.

Plus you know where they are and what they do so it's not really a big challenge to use them. I say go for it!

I love the unit. The wireless android auto and carplay works flawlessly and with the Maestro RR unit and TO1 harness I used I retained factory steering wheel controls and factory JBL amplifier functionality. It sounds fantastic too. I've got a NVX sub box on order and I have a 300W RMS Planet Audio amp I'm installing which should round out the bass nicely.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Attached Files:

3. talkin73

talkin73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks very much for the reply! I'm 6'4" so I imagine a similar experience regarding visibility.

The other issue I'm concerned about is whether I'll end up bumping into the head unit when I use the push start or wipers. Do you find there is adequate space for maneuvering around that area?

msequence likes this.
  4. talkin73

talkin73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Also if you are willing to take a few pics of the unit from different angles, it would be very helpful to see it in place and the spacing of things. Thanks again!

5. msequence

msequence New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hey! I had added a few pics as attachments to the first post, they show up for me. Can you see them? Happy to help.

No issues with push start, no issues with interfering or blocking the vents or other things either. It feels like it was meant to be there.

6. Nopho4u

Nopho4u Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    PXL_20220412_231232549.jpg
    I'm here for the gang bang

7. Nopho4u

Nopho4u Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
  8. talkin73

talkin73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yes. I actually do. Not sure why I missed it the first time. All the u do is very helpful. This is really tempting me a lot. Hmm. It’s weird because in the pics it just “looks” like space is tighter to reach the push button. I actually have a Kenwood ddx 9907 in right now so I have many of the features already. Not upgrading from stock. Mostly the larger screen so the decision is influenced by that quite a bit. But your pics and feedback are much appreciated. Thanks!

9. talkin73

talkin73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Nopho, thanks for the pics. That bubble tea looks delicious! You have clearly modded extensively, including steering wheel. But also wonder about your experience of accessing push start and wipers? Feel like you can just naturally get to them without bumping into the new screen?

10. WesleyRiccipio

WesleyRiccipio Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Looks like a brown twinky snack for a clutch you must get Hungry. Just kidding.