1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone Interested in 2006 Package Pricing?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by XLR8, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Do a search on the forums by the poster Rick57 and you'll find that the alarm is included on every Prius - it's just a matter of talking your dealer into taking 2 minutes to turn it on for you.

2. tdi2prius

tdi2prius New Member

Thanks, Danny!

3. syncmaster

syncmaster Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I couldn't find the post, are you sure the alarm can be turned on in any prius?
    It seems silly not to enable it in all packages and say the alarm is standard if it is already in all the cars.

4. jpeachman

jpeachman Junior Member

I found the post at http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=6749&hl=alarm

It's a 4-page thread on another topic, but a good deal of it is taken up with discussion of the details you're seeking.

Joe

5. syncmaster

syncmaster Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

OK, thanks for posting the link. After alot of confusing posts it looks like someone did get the alarm activated by the dealer at no charge. The dealer was shocked that it activated.
    BUT, if you look at this ad
    :
    http://www.1sttoyotaparts.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=2113

It says in red that the prius must have keyless/smartkey to add the alarm.
    so that might mean that package#1 which has no keyless/smartkey may not have a alarm to enable.

Just giving you a heads up

Thanks for the info

PS. on the ad page link there is a review of a person that bought it, here is what he said:
    Just got the system enabled by the dealer with the scan tool. Cost $46. Works great. VIP system actually is in the car. Instructions tell you how to cut a yellow wire and tells dealer how to enable. GBS comes with a module and a small mic. Have to take dash apart to install but it isn't that difficult. Now works with noise on glass and when opening a door from the inside.

6. tdi2prius

tdi2prius New Member

Thanks for the tips.

7. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    From a friend in low places:

The 2006 Prius :
    EXTERIOR IMPROVEMENTS
    The Prius receives updated front headlamps and rear taillamps, and a new front spoiler. A chrome finish is applied to the front grille’s center bar, and freshened rear combination lamp is added to enhance its appearance.

In addition, four new exterior colors update the color palette:
    • Classic Silver Metallic
    • Barcelona Red Metallic
    • Silver Pine Mica
    • Magnetic Gray (available May 2006)

INTERIOR IMPROVEMENTS
    On the inside, the instrument panel receives a new black organic textured grain in place of the burgundy or brown colors available last year. The rear seat bottom cushion has been lowered slightly for better head clearance and enhanced riding comfort. Also new for 2006 are the luxurious options of Leather-trimmed seats and steering wheel, available in both Gray and Bisque, and a Rear Backup Camera to help the driver see objects behind the vehicle when in reverse.

The standard audio system is AM/FM CD with 6 speakers. An optional mid-grade audio also includes MP3/WMA playback capability and an auxiliary audio input miniplug. The optional JBL audio features several updates for 2006:
    • JBL AM/FM 6-disc CD changer with 9 speakers in 7 locations (cassette deck is no longer available)
    • MP3/WMA playback capability and an auxiliary audio input miniplug in the center console
    • Hands-free phone capability via Bluetooth wireless connectivity

The optional voice-activated DVD GPS (Global Positioning System) Navigation system is the most sophisticated yet. It offers increased map quality, over 32,000 colors, an ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) display, a route tracer function, voice recognition street address search functions that allow you to enter a destination while driving, and can now be set to operate in English, French, or Spanish languages.

SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS
    In addition to standard ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist
    (BA), and Traction Control (TRAC), several safety features are now standard equipment:

• A Tire Pressure Monitoring System directly measures the pressure of each tire with a sensor and signals the driver in the event of a drop in tire pressure
    • Standard Driver and Front Passenger Advanced Airbags (SRS) now feature a passenger occupant classification sensor that determines not only whether the seat is occupied, but also whether an occupant meets the weight requirement for airbag deployment. The passenger front airbags are deployed only when the sensor detects an adult passenger in the front seat.

ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
    The complimentary roadside assistance program has been discontinued for the 2006 Prius.

2006 MODEL YEAR PRIuS PRICING
    The 2006 model year Prius continues to be an excellent value, with a base MSRP of
    $21,725. The increase of $450, or 2% of MSRP, reflects the addition of new standard
    equipment and the product enhancements featured above.

Option package content and pricing has been adjusted for the model year 2006 Prius. Please see the appendix for details.

•APPENDIX: ‘O6 PRIUS OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT PRICING
    Package Option MSRP Equipment
    Code

1 GY $650
    • Driver & front passenger seat-mounted side and front & rear side
    (unchanged) curtain airbags

2 HE $825
    • Backup Monitor
    • smart Key system
    • MP3/WMA playback capability, and auxiliary audio input miniplug

3 HF $1,475
    • Driver & front passenger seat-mounted side and front & rear side curtain airbags
    • Backup Monitor
    • smart Key system

4 HG $1,825
    • Driver & front passenger seat-mounted side and front & rear side curtain airbags
    • Backup Monitor
    • smart Key system
    • Vehicle stability control (V5C)
    5 HI $3,205 • Driver & front passenger seat-mounted side and front & rear side curtain airbags
    • Backup Monitor
    • smart Key system
    • Vehicle stability control (V5C)
    • Anti-theft system plus Homelink ® universal transceiver
    • JBL Premium AM/FM 6-disc in-dash CD changer, nine speakers, MP3/WMA playback capability, auxiliary audio input miniplug plus hands-free BluetooThTM phone capability

6 HK $3,830
    • Backup Monitor
    • smart Key system
    • Vehicle stability Control (V5C)
    • JBL Premium AM/FM 6-disc in-dash CD changer, nine speakers, MP3/WMA playback capability, auxiliary audio input miniplug plus hands-free BluetootWM phone capability
    • High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and integrated fog lamps

7 NL $5,730
    • Backup Monitor
    • smart Key system
    • JBL Premium AM/FM 6-disc in-dash CD changer, nine speakers, MP3/WMA playback capability, auxiliary audio input miniplug plus hands-free BluetooThTM phone capability
    • Voice-activated DVD navigation system

8 Nw $6,890
    • Backup Monitor
    • smart Key system
    • JBL Premium AM/FM 6-disc in-dash CD changer, nine speakers, MP3/WMA playback capability, auxiliary audio input miniplug plus hands-free BluetoothTM phone capability
    • Voice-activated DVD navigation system
    • Leather trimmed seats and steering wheel

8. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Note that in Southern Ca, you can only get (of the high end packages) 6 and 8, so if you want NAV, you have to get leather.

Note also that Roadside Assistance is GONE.

9. gordonr

gordonr Member

Anyone know which regions are going to sell package 4?

I am near the top of the list to get an '06 in the new year, but a previous post made it sound like package 4 won't be offered in MA. For me, this package has all that I want, and would find it hard to justify spending an additional $1,380 for package 5.

10. tdi2prius

tdi2prius New Member

My scenario, too. The midwest gets no packages 2-4. And guess what? That $1,380 gives you the JBL, BT, alarm, and HL. Toyota's cost for installing those is loose change -- the rest is profit to recover the loss per unit when they sell a hybrid. Can't blame them but at least offer me the #4 -- we currently get them in SE Wisconsin.

Don't tell me they don't sell here.

11. newbird

newbird New Member

I ordered one prius 2006 in Palo Alto California. They said San Francisco region offers package #2, #4, #7 and #8.

12. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

:angry: It's very annoying that package 4 availability looks like it's not going to be generally available.
    I had to give my dealer instructions to get me a package 2 but try hard to find me a #4 from an adjacent region if at all possible.

13. 3c3

3c3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I think package #2 is very odd. I think most people would want side and curtain airbags.

14. unique2006

unique2006 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two

You will see at least one with a package #7(MINE)... Helps to have your brother work for toyota corpy:p

15. 3c3

3c3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Or just buy it from Northern CA.

16. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

I ordered a Package 3.... The REAL price increase is not $450, but $825 including the extra cost of Package 3. Add on the $40 in Destination & the 8% tax on the total increase brings the total price increase close to $1,000

For someone on a tight budget, this may kill my purchase :(

17. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

That would be packages #3 and above.
    Only 2, 6, 7, 8 are available in my region, Mid-Atlantic. :(
    I'd prefer package 4 or even 3 over 2.
    Package 4 is ~$1k more than 2 but 6 is ~$3k more.

18. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

yep.. I think they did go to 580.00