1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone know a good website to buy Toyota Parts in the UK? Looking for Rear Coil Spring on Gen 2 2006

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by afia2k8, Mar 17, 2020.

1. afia2k8

afia2k8 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    As per title. Anyone know of a good website to obtain Genuine Toyota parts in the UK?

I've been using my local Toyota dealer (under the Motorline company umbrella) but having to call in everytime. Sometimes their parts are just crazy expensive (I think it's because they order from Japan and the shipping is quite high?).

For example, I enquired about an Evap Purge VSV and they wanted £70 including VAT. But I came across this website (can't insert link because im a new user) and the part is only £39.96, plus £7.69 shipping cost to UK. I eventually decided to just buy one from a scrapyard for £15 delivered.

Now I'm looking for a Rear right coil spring for my Gen 2 2006 Prius and the dealer wanted £110 inc. VAT. However I've found an aftermarket KYB RA6152 rear coil spring for around £35 shipped from a few Parts websites in Germany. Not sure if these are fully compatible? Another option is Carparts4less which have Anschler rear coil springs for £50 delivered.

Aside from that, my local dealer did have a good deal on servicing parts. So they actually have Service Kits that's priced competitively with EuroCarParts. I got a Pollen and air filter, oil filter inc washer, and free 5L 5w30 throw in for £43.50 inc VAT. When I added 4x NGK iridium spark plugs it all came to £70.78 inc VAT.

I look forward to hearing where UK owners get their parts from. Thanks!

SFO likes this.
  2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I can't offer advice about where to buy parts in the UK.

However may I suggest that if you decide to buy a new rear right coil spring, then you should replace the left spring as well as the right spring so that the car is not higher on the right side after installing the new spring.

If you decide to buy a used part from a salvage yard then you probably are OK just replacing the right coil spring.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring