1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

anyone know about this bosch 12v battery?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Ianmeister, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Ianmeister

Ianmeister Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
  2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks like it might have standard sized terminals, not the required JIS posts. Curious if part #S6534B is a Sprawlalamart exclusive.

That listed price (out of stock) is average for a battery with those physical dimensions.

When on sale, many can find a Bosch (46AH) battery for $150 or less at Pepboys:

Part # S6535B
    13-digit Bosch # 0092S650777HH
    UPC # 077212000098
    BCI size - S46B24R (Prius)

A Bosch catalog for reference : https://www.carid.com/images/bosch/items/pdf/battery-manual.pdf

Off topic, but carid has a great price match policy.

3. scona

scona Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    I think it is too large to fit your vehicle. They could tell you at Wallmart if it is a match.

Ianmeister likes this.
  4. Ianmeister

Ianmeister Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    The problem with pep boys for me is that all the local stores don’t have one and I can’t order it over the internet unless I pick a store that is 100 miles away for pickup. I’ve tried calling but ha! God forbid they answer the phone!

5. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've used their chat feature before, and called the 800 with decent results. The local parts jockey said I needed to "order online" for the all of the discounts at that time, but mentioned if I came into the store they would help me with the "online order" in-store, and pick up same day or when available.

Bosch Premium Performance Battery Group, Size 51 | 647478 | Pep Boys

Not currently running the extra $$ off (just the standard 25%), but it does happen often enough.

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Pep Boys did have a correct sized Bosch battery for some time, not sure what's going on now, they seemed to have dropped it.

There's a lot of Prius on the road, the replacement battery market is maturing, there should be options. Up here Canadian Tire has a house-brand battery available for our 2010, probably what I'll go for, if-and-when.

I've gotten Honda replacement batteries through CT in the past few years, and they appear to be physically identical to the Honda battery, just a different label applied. That seems to be typical case: there's a smallish number of manufacturers, and you can have virtually the same battery, just different badges.

7. Roccobro

Roccobro Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Bosch discontinued it. I had 2 that died within the same year, same car. I requested a 3rd under warranty to give them *one* more shot. But Pep Boys refunded me the full amount and core instead.

Justin

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  8. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The way they're no longer selling the Bosch battery, must have had too many failures.