1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone know this connection part name?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Bryan123, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Bryan123

Bryan123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    And where I can find one. To me it looks like part of the wiring harness, but I'd like to buy the individual component. I'm not sure where to find one or it's name though like I've said. Is there a typical replacement process for this part? Thanks. You can see in the picture that mine broke off due to some minor corrosion.

[​IMG]

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

Might call it a voltage sense tab, but the whole piece is titled 'wire frame #2. Here is the complete assembly, which is the only way to purchase it : 8216547040 - Wire, frame, no. 2. Battery, electrical - Genuine Toyota Part
    - be sure to click on, or call the surrounding dealers for the best price. My lowest purchase price has been $55 with free shipping.

You might try soldering a small piece of rj11 or similar wire to bridge the broken gap macgyver style. But the new part is so cheap, best to replace it at once before others break off as well. Be careful not to over torque the nuts during installation.

Where in CA are you nearest, maybe another member has an old wire frame laying around that can be used for parts.

FYI : you're moderated until you've posted 5 times.

Raytheeagle and ydpplqbd like this.
  3. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Assuming that the wire is still in reasonably good shape, you should be able to get a "spade clip" at any auto parts store and crimp/solder the wire to it.

4. Bryan123

Bryan123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks for the tips. I'm in bay area California. The main reason I thought about repairing it is because the whole battery assembly is only 3.5 years old. Do you know the torque specs? Thanks again.

5. Bryan123

Bryan123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I thought about that. Surprisingly though, I didn't see any copper ones in nearby hardware stores and it would take about two weeks to ship. Maybe a tin coated one is okay but I wasn't sure if that could mess things up long term.

6. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sure which part of the bay would cause a "new" harness to corrode in 3.5 years, do you have any water leaks into the interior?

The torque on those nuts is 48 INCH pounds, aka 4 FOOT pounds, basically not very much pressure.

If needed, you can borrow my 1/4 inch torque wrench. Just hit the 'conversation' button or send a PM.

7. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    They all should be copper alloy inside.
    Having it tin coated should not create a problem.

8. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Repair Manual excerpt:

Attached Files: