1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone know when the 2014 Prius with ATP is available?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by pwrstick, Nov 30, 2013.

1. pwrstick

pwrstick Junior Member

When I last checked (Nov. 30, 2013) you can't even select the ATP package on Toyota's website for a 2014 Prius with Package 5. And I "chatted" with a dealer who said they don't see any coming in for the next couple of weeks.

Normally I'd be patient and wait, but my 2005 Prius got totaled and I need to purchase a car sometime soon. Just hoping someone here has an inside scoop.

Also I thought it may have something to do with the IIHS and PCS issue with the Prius V, but they're still offering the ATP on the Prius V and Plug-in section of the web site.

2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What city and state do you live?

3. pwrstick

pwrstick Junior Member

I'm in Oakland, CA.

4. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I hear California gets the new models before everyone else since the port of entry is California.

5. pwrstick

pwrstick Junior Member

A sales rep got back to me. They're thinking these will show up sometime in January.

6. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That makes no sense. It's just supply and demand as only 3% of all 2010s consisted of the V (Five) with ATP so not that common or in demand.

7. pwrstick

pwrstick Junior Member

Just an update in case anyone else runs into this. The ATP package is still not a selectable choice on the Toyota website but I've confirmed with several dealers that there are 2014 Package 5's with ATP on the ground in California.

I even changed my zip code on the Toyota web site to reflect a territory where the ATP is located and I still can't build a Prius with the ATP option. Maybe something up with the web page then. But they're out there!

8. nodrogkam

nodrogkam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just picked up a Prius 4 w/moon roof package yesterday. I was searching for the Prius 5 w/tech package but my dealer told me that's not a model most/any dealer will order from Toyota and told me it's not necessary for such a small, easy to drive car. While I agree, I'm sort of surprised they won't just "shut up and take my money"... :)

9. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Two misconceptions: The benefits of ATP have nothing to do with the car being small or easy to drive and "shut up and take my money" doesn't apply to what they don't have in stock. Sure, you may go elsewhere but they were trying to convince you with BS excuses to sell you what they have in stock and it looks like it worked considering you got the Four.

10. pwrstick

pwrstick Junior Member

Don't sugar coat it now! ;-)

11. peterjmc

peterjmc Ping pong in Ding Dang...

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    LoL looks like the dealer talked you into just getting a four so you didn't leave the lot and actually get what you wanted.

When I got mine, I absolutely insisted in the car and color I wanted. They tried giving me reasons why I didn't want the color combination, etc. I was prepared to walk out. As I got out of my seat they asked me to give them 30 minutes. They located the car I wanted and they personally drove out and back an hour away to get it for me.

12. nodrogkam

nodrogkam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    To be honest, I wanted the 4 for the smaller turning radius (it is pretty amazing). I also wanted the moon roof over any of the other packages. So in-fact they had the one I wanted in the first place and I bought it. Just wanted to share my experience.
    I did my research and asked my friends/family who own current generation Prius vehicles...contacted the dealer through the Costco buyers program and it was all smooth sailing.

13. ed08724

ed08724 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    No postes here since 2013. I have a 2010 Prius V with the advanced technology package. I have been talking to local dealers and none can get a 2014 with ATP. Not sure what is going on. I am not giving up my radar guided cruise control. Might have to look at another brand if anyone else has it.

14. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    PM Dianne Whitmire of Carson Toyota. She has flatbedded Prius with ATP to customers on the east coast.

15. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Holman Toyota has a white Five-AT sitting on the lot.

16. Kentuckykid

Kentuckykid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I own a 2014 white Prius five with ATP. Bought 3 months ago in Lexington Ky. Previous to that I owned. 2010 five w/ATP.