1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone know where it is assembled?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by fsu23phd, Dec 10, 2022.

Tags:
  1. fsu23phd

fsu23phd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've had 3 Priuses, 2005, 2010 and 2016, the 10 and 16 were new model years. Getting the 2010 was easy, but I had put in a psuto "order" for the 2016, and wait until one was allocated, then built, then shipped from Japan.

I'm guessing that the 2023s are going to be built in Japan too? Not like the Rav 4 Hybrid which is built in Kentucky and in Ontario ( I am also considering the R4 Hybrid, but the wait lists are maddening). Anyway, I'm just trying to get a sense of how long the wait may be for the Prius, and I'm curious if they are built in North America or in Japan, as that could add some time to my calculation. :) I've waited patiently for a while and I'm short on patience.

Thanks to anyone who knows. I'm looking forward to the embargo ending next week.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, japan. they had made some preparations to assemble here awhile back, but nixed it when a recession hit.
    shipping adds a week or so, but the real problem is parts. inventory will be a slow build up, if any is built up at all.
    that will be dependent on the state of the econy, chip availability, and demand, based on gas prices

fsu23phd likes this.