1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone know where the center airbag sensor is?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by kitkit201, Mar 25, 2014.

1. kitkit201

kitkit201 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hello

My SRS light is on as I bought this vehicle salvaged. It look as if they have replaced all the airbags, but they forgot to replace the airbag sensor.

According to the dealer here is what it said in the print out.

I recently bought that part number from ebay, but have no idea where it is to swap it out. I'll probably want to take off my 12v battery before replacing it, but any clues or diagrams on where it is?

2. kitkit201

kitkit201 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I think it is part #14, but I haven't looked for where this is located at.

[​IMG]

This is what it looks like in real life. The bolt patterns look the same.
    [​IMG]

3. kitkit201

kitkit201 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I did find this. It's under the bridge right by the drivers accellerator pedal. One has to pull the plastic in the bridge area and that will break off and u will see this module there. Also another way to see it is if you pull the plastic part where the 12V lighter is at under the bridge, the panel that looks like a square.

4. Jerry G.

Jerry G. Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks KitKit201. I just got a '07 Prius savaged that someone ran over a concrete planter box. I have codes 1801,1811 and 1901. I'm guessing I'll need one of these.

Thanks for your post!!

5. Dion Kraft

Dion Kraft Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What you display is not the sensor - its the SRS module which recieves the signal that a collision has occurred and then deploys the airbags at the appropriate location in which it is programmed at.

6. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    if it is like corolla, it has a sensor in it too. the signals from peripheral sensors have to be confirmed by central sensor to commence airbag(s) explosion.