1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone Knows a Good Dealer Or Mechanic East Brunswick NJ

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by keyotel, Apr 16, 2011.

1. keyotel

keyotel New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm a new Prius 2007 owner got it from an auction It Won't Start just flashing images of 4 boxes with arrows going to them

I need a reliable mechanic in Central Jersey or a good dealer

I jump the car as in the manual recommedations, but it lights up then flashing boxes

2. Chest_burster

Chest_burster New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Gt japanese automotive in Highland Park. I've never brought my Prius there (only had it 5 days, after all) but they'rethe best.

3. keyotel

keyotel New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I need a mechanic that someone with a Prius had used Thanks

4. andyg

andyg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    keyote, I am also looking for a prius mechanic in the north/south/east Brunswick area. Can you share if you found one please ?

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Looking at the list of Toyota dealers in the state I believe your closest dealers are Brunswick Toyota on US1, Dayton Toyota on US130, & James Toyota in Flemington.

It sounds like your car has serious problems that will need a Toyota scan tool to diagnose. My warranty work was done at (now) Holman Toyota so I can't make a specific recommendation.

Register the VIN at Toyota Owners - Official Toyota Owners Website to get the vehicle's dealer service history. That may provide a clue. There's a reason the car's at auction. If there wasn't anything wrong it would be a private party sale or on a dealer's lot.

I didn't notice the stale date of the thread. Andy why are you looking for a mechanic?

6. andyg

andyg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks JimN. I am looking for a non-dealer mechanic in the area that is experienced and reliable. Fortunately, my Prius does not have any problems, but due to come out of warranty soon. I would like to avoid dealer premium for routine maint, oil change etc.