1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone mount a Sirius S50 yet?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by kpauley, Jan 19, 2006.

1. kpauley

kpauley New Member

I currently have the Factory Interactive Sirius kit installed. I just purchased a Sirius S50 and am considering installing into the Prius. There are features on the S50 that are not available with the Toyota integrated unit that I would like to use.

I was wondering if anyone has already mounted one in their car and if so can they post some pics of the way they did it. The only postings I have found so far do not have anything like that.

Ken

2. kpauley

kpauley New Member

Well, I ended up purchasing an S50 and I'm evaluating if I will keep it or not. I went ahead and mounted it, but have not activated it yet (I'll have to do a transfer from my FactoryInteractive kit).

I'll put another post up once I take some pictures and figure out if I like or dislike it. I'll be able to comare the two kits as well as this FM Antenna plug I bought that "injects" the FM transmitter signal for the S50 Sirius tuner.

Ken

3. BassMasterK

BassMasterK New Member

4. kpauley

kpauley New Member

Thanks, the S50 is a little unique though, it's a vertical form factor and placement proved to be a little challenging. I ended up mounting it on the right side of the center kick panel just below the power adapter. With a remote control, it should be fine.

My current Factory Interactive setup I have the antenna on the roof. Right now that is still there and I have the S50 antenna stuck on the center speaker (the magnet holds it there quite well).

I'm comparing signal strength, so far the S50 with the inside antenna seems to be doing very well, I think even better than the outside antenna. I'm not sure if the tuner and antenna make a difference, or if it's all antenna....

Ken