1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone Move Up to Prime From An Original PiP Yet?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by bfd, Jul 26, 2017.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i haven't filled up since april 27th, must be why i have some much time to spend on priuschat.(n)

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    actually nope - Tesla superchargers will deliver a charge rate at over 312mph (ie < ⅛ of that 8hrs).... so by the time we drive 210-220 miles ... (70+mph for 3 hrs) - we, & most folks are good & ready to get out & stretch anyway, &/or have a bite to eat anyway, &/or take care of nature calling anyway.
    SO .... to replenish that 210-ish / 3hr straight miles driven - it takes just over 40 minutes to charge.
    But hey! ... if you think picking up a quick 100 miles in under 19 minutes at a supercharger is too time consuming? .... try getting out of a
    Costco gas line quicker than that-
    gasCostco .jpg

we don't I have to hunt around either. and living in Orange County, we have one, just about 9 miles to the north & another, just 9 miles to the south of us. So regardless of directions, they're right on the way, & often no more than 70 miles apart, + always right off of the major routes, & still expanding further.

same with us! .... oh - except we can charge @ up to 72amps .... that's >17kW's ... so, in 2hrs that's 34kWh's .... so in 2hrs, we got >100 miles .... for free, because our PV array is fully amortized

you obviously made a wise choice - for you - undoubtedly. Congratulations! ain't it great, we all have choices?

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.