1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

anyone moved from US to Europe (sweden) with Prius?

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by chrish, Aug 8, 2005.

1. chrish

chrish New Member

I recently moved to Sweden from US and brought my 2005 Prius with me thinking it would be a wise decision. I'm starting to think otherwise since there is a ton of red tape to pass before you can use the car. I have one issue from my car registration inspection, the parking light, which has an orange colour in the US version vs the Swedish version which needs to have a white of yellow light. The differense is a piece of plastic within the light assembly, orange in the US vs clear in Sweden. Has anyone encountered this problem, changing from orange to white/yellow?

I need some solutions. Toyota wants to change the whole ligth assembly. I understand there might be more work than just changing the whole assembly. I guess Europe chose a slightly different light solution than the US, so some cable work is needed as well. (per the general agent for Toyota in Sweden.) You are not allowed to drill a whole into the assembly and drop a lamp in there. Just so you know that is not one solution.

Thanks for any advice I can get.