1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

anyone notice hyundai ioniq overtake p4 epa mpg

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Hilux, Dec 25, 2016.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    see, it's still about time.:p

RCO likes this.
  2. thunderstruck

thunderstruck Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That's why there's an off switch. I keep mine off until I'm in a situation like highway or fast traffic where I have to have ICE on anyway. Dress warm and avoid temptation!

RCO likes this.
  3. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Then there's folks like Alan in Oz who uses AC almost constantly cuss it's so warm there. You think he should set of to church, butt naked to save a thimbleful of fuel? :ROFLMAO:

4. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    The only problem with not having the heating on here in the damp UK, when it's cold, is that the windows quickly mist up.

5. GT4Prius

GT4Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Excel
    Yep. I turn ours off too for short journeys. Except as you say when the windows steam up.

The reason I mentioned it was in the context of judging the fuel efficiency of the car, and what the overused phrase "real world figures" means in practice.

IMHO the only real world figures that are relevant to anyone are the ones that they get, with their journey types, road and weather conditions, load level and passenger numbers, hvac use and driving style.

RCO likes this.
  6. thunderstruck

thunderstruck Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have to turn it on when the windows get fogged up, but as soon as they are clear off it goes. I can stand cold temps in the car since I dress appropriately, but I can't stand not being able to see out the front window. You can cheat a bit by turning defog on manually since the car runs ICE until coolant temp get to 103 degrees. Fan won't kick on in auto mode until about 90 degrees.

RCO likes this.