1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone on a list in Portland?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Zacher, Jan 5, 2006.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Here are some links... its added after msrp.. some sites out there are misleading.

Go look at toyotas page... at the top go to cars, then prius, then build your prius and put in your zip code, you will see.... Base Price:*
    $21,725
    Delivery, Processing
    & Handling Fee:**
    $580
    Options:
    $0
    Accessories:
    $0
    Total MSRP:***
    $22,305

More interesting links:
    Heres your Edmunds:
    http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/toyota/pri...57/compare.html

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/pricing....ota&model=Prius

http://john1701a.com/prius/prius-2006.htm
    Destination can vary a bit based on where you live.. Here in Wa and OR its 580.00

http://priuschat.com/lofiversion/index.php/t12782.html

There are many other references where these came from.

2. Zacher

Zacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I know what you mean, but the fact that it is on Toyota's page and others means to me that it is added at the factory, as opposed to a fee tacked on by the dealer, which is what I intended to avoid by our agreement. The $50 junk fee was the sort I was trying to avoid (and did, assuming they will come through).

I guess I don't care about the semantics as much as whether or not it is something the dealer had to pay the factory. I don't mind paying something that I feel is legit, like that, even though it might be theoretically possible to bludgeon them into deleting it (and I very, very seriously doubt it).

BTW, so far after 65 miles of mostly hilly, cold weather, night driving, the average MPG shows about 34! Blech! Sure hope THAT gets alot better! (I understand the factors that contributed to that reading).

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    the destination fee is part of MSRP and is charged on every car. funny that cars made in US have same destionation fee... ok, maybe not so funny

4. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well Zacher, I know the msrp is invoice plus various charges and then the destination is above and beyond that... if you find out anything different let me know..... but I believe this is the way its spelled out... If you get them to do anything different, I suppose it will be the same as coming down on the price.

5. Zacher

Zacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yes, I agree with you, which is why I said I don't care about the semantics of it (is it actually MSRP or not)? As long as it is a legit. charge by the factory, which it is, I am fine with it. This is a change from my original query based on the extra info. I have now. What I paid was exactly what every single source shows the car costing (because they ALL seem to include the destination charge that I was talking about), plus mats. There are legit charges, and junk fees, and I know now that the destination charge is a legit fee so I am happy. The only 'fee' the dealer himself added was that $50 fee that I refused. You could negotiate a discount, of course, and you could call that getting rid of all or part of the destination charge if you wanted to, but that is a whole 'nother subject, really.

BTW, Edmunds also shows the destination under the heading of MSRP (as well as on the invoice) here: Edmunds

I just read elsewhere about how you can say "I'm hungry" to the NAV and it will locate restaurants! Too cool.

6. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    yea, Its all a game with numbers.... the Edmunds link you gave I tried, but I didnt' see what you were seeing....
    The Edmunds link I gave you does show it seperate..
    http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/toyota/pri...57/compare.html

7. Zacher

Zacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Oh, actually showing 31 mpg so far, not 34! We live up in the hills, and the dealer was at approximately sea level, so we've climbed about 1200 feet without yet making a trip back down into the valley. I expect that downhill trip to really up the average nicely.