1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone on here have any experience with Motorkote?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by harrysprius, Jun 21, 2017.

1. harrysprius

harrysprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Just wondering if anyone has any success stories or issues with Motorkote or any other oil or fuel additives. People seem to be completely polarized. They either believe or hate, no middle ground. That being said, I try and use fuel treatment at least every other fill up and I see increased fuel mileage. About 5% seems to be average. I also noticed that the plugs seem to stay cleaner longer. Anyone else?

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I use the BG Products suite of additives:

• EPR for cleaning the carbon deposits on the oil side of the engine prior to draining the oil for an oil change every 10k miles
    • 44K for fuel system cleaning (it's better than the Chevron Techron injection cleaner)
    • Extended Life MOA to allow the oil to stay as basic as possible when contaminants get in
    If you are curious to learn more, I have tracked a conversation with my local BG Products rep for everyone's benefit:

[POLL] Excessive Oil Usage

Hope that helps(y).

Merkey likes this.
  3. Merkey

Merkey Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have used MotorKote friction reducer oil additive, but can't say if it makes any difference. An auto repair radio talk show on WJR advertises it, but it would be nice to find an objective evaluation of it. I have recently switched to 10W-30 PennzoiI Synthetic High Mileage oil to try to reduce oil burning. I also use Techron fuel additive each month. I buy at Costco when on sale. Not sure if it is helpful, but have not had a problem with fuel injectors at 232,000 miles.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  4. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Look up placebo effect.

Merkey likes this.