1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone ordered through Crutchfield? DMH-W4660NEX

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Markdizle, May 22, 2020.

1. Markdizle

Markdizle Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Looking to order a Pioneer DMH-w4660NEX from Crutchfield with the $250ish installation kit. Seems like this will come with just about everything I need to retain factory controls?

2. Ed Beaty

Ed Beaty Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I bought a Pioneer HU and adaptors from them. They seem to know what they're doing, and you can also call people there for info and assistance; even get a particular associate's ph. number to call. May have to wait in a short phone queue, but they can be very helpful, and will even call you back if requested.

Cory19thFloor and Markdizle like this.
  3. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Yes, I've used them several times over decades. Their pre-wired harness's are a great way to make the process as close to plug and play as possible and are HIGHLY recommended. I'm actually installing a Sony AX1000 today and originally chose that model specifically because it has a volume knob. (y)

Cory19thFloor and Markdizle like this.
  4. egg_salad

egg_salad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I bought my first stereo from Crutchfield in about 1982. Been an occasional customer ever since. Their radio prices aren't the absolute lowest, but by the time you figure in the subsidized installation accessories and instructions, they often come in about the lowest.

There aren't a whole lot of companies I publicly support, but Crutchfield is one of them.

Cory19thFloor likes this.
  5. Markdizle

Markdizle Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks guys!
    Fotomoto feel free to share any tips or tricks with your install, my receiver arrives Friday can’t wait! Been wanting carplay for years but waited for wireless CarPlay prices to drop

iPhone ?