1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone out there Folding@Home?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Oct 13, 2006.

1. willsurg

willsurg New Member

hi guys, I just joined the prius chat team however I dont know if i did it correctly. I use a mac , downloaded the graphical installer. inserted my name (willsurg) and the team number 52533. now what? my screen saver is the same one it always was, I dont see my name registering on the web site. I am supposed to do anything else. how do I know when the program is running? any help would be appreciated!

thanks
    -will

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(willsurg @ Feb 22 2007, 06:54 AM) [snapback]394439[/snapback]</div>
    I don't have a mac, but here's some info that might help

1) Doublecheck this page: http://folding.stanford.edu/OSX/OSX.html It looks like to me that if you Downloaded the OSX client software (the top part of the page), then that is simply a program that runs on your desktop instead of a screen saver. If that is the case, then you should have a program running and you can use the menus to see the protien as work is being done.

However, if you scroll down the page, there are instruction for the OSX Screensaver, which looks to be a different program. If you downloaded this, make sure that you did everything in step#4 correctly. Especially the part about going into System Preferences and changing the screensaver.

2) As for your name not showing up on the FAH statistics, don't worry. It won't appear until you have completed your first work unit (conservatively expect this to take a week). Once the program finishes it's first unit, it calls back to Stanford, and you should then see your name appear within a matter of a few hours on the stat pages.

Maybe someone here that has a Mac can answer #1 a little more in-depth. Thanks for joining the team! Let us know if you need any more help.

3. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeannie @ Feb 22 2007, 05:40 AM) [snapback]394433[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, Jeannie.

First WU is complete so I'm finally showing up in the Folding@Home Team PriusChat stats now, in last place, of course. But it won't take long before I'm out of there as the second WU is now more than half way completed and should be done early Sunday morning.

4. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Feb 21 2007, 05:57 PM) [snapback]394209[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the invite, but no thanks. I'll be sticking with Team PriusChat.

BTW, thanks for getting this started here. It would be really cool if more PCer's would sign up.

Maybe we could get Danny to make this a sticky thread?

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Gotta watch out for Wildkow, he's a sneaky one.

He started this whole group by taunting folks both here and at PriusOnline to have a point war.

I thank him a bunch for getting us going. However, he's yet to donate a point to the team (something he's neither confirmed nor denied....) so I still mistrust him. :D

6. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigdaddy @ Feb 25 2007, 03:56 PM) [snapback]396417[/snapback]</div>
    Come get some bigboy. :eek: I contributed to Priusonline but those guys fell flat on their faces and the last time I checked still only had 3 folders including me. Priuschat started out kinda slow and I was hesitant to contribute cause I thought you guys were not serious but it is looking up at this time. The number of folders is still kinds low IMHO considering there are over 16K+ members on PC. Points are coming but you have to catch me first. :p Better get the PS3 in gear, next week I hope to have a half dozen more folders added to my harem.

Wildkow [attachmentid=6699]

Attached Files:

7. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    [attachmentid=6753]Congratulations![attachmentid=6753]Congratulations![attachmentid=6753]Congratulations![attachmentid=6753]

Priuschat folders have moved into 2000th place in the Folding@Home Stats! Way to go boys and girls - men and women, libs or cons! That’s what working together can accomplish, and for you all that don't know what I'm talking about go here. http://priuschat.com/Anyone-out-there-Fold...ome-t25462.html

2000th place may not seem like something to get excited about but I can assure you it is! Now go to the links below to see the good news and make sure you add a note here to congratulate the team. . . the top one is my favorite stat site but the bottom one has the more detail.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/tea...?s=&t=52533 - hehe so new nothing posted yet.

http://fahstats.com/index.php?col=3&search=priuschat

Now for all you wankers that aren't on the team get busy! I am a bit disappointed that out of 16K+ members on PC we can only gen up 21 volunteers? Maybe a good word or two from some influential people on this board would help? The free cycles going to waste on your computer could be put to good use finding cures for diseases and it takes almost no effort on your part, won't you help?

My personal goal is to get the team up to or somewhere within the top 100.

Wildkow

p.s. My personal team is in 1177th place. Now I know there is a lot of libs out there in PC land but how does it feel for a neo-con anti-Global Warming, anti-evolutionist to be rubbing your nose in it? LOL! Get busy ya slackers! Once you catch me I will convert my Folding machines into Priuschat members and humbly bow before your superior folding abilities. BaHaHaHa! LOL! :lol: [attachmentid=6753]

Attached Files:

8. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

it's early in the morning, eyes are barely open, dancing bananas are wreaking havok with my eyes, especially the avatar one dancing out of sync, it's all I can muster to say...

Congratulations Team PriusChat! 1996 and moving on up!

9. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    OMG! You guys just jumped 28 places in 24 hours! :( <_<

10. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Mar 6 2007, 11:58 PM) [snapback]401509[/snapback]</div>
    Yep . . . we're in stealth mode. It's easy to sneak up behind people in stealth mode. :D

11. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Mar 7 2007, 12:19 AM) [snapback]401520[/snapback]</div>
    Yep almost scared the water out of me! :lol:

12. just_marci

just_marci New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Mar 3 2007, 03:32 AM) [snapback]399439[/snapback]</div>
    I set mine up on Monday. I usd to run SETI way back when, but this makes a lot more sense.

- Marci

13. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(just_marci @ Mar 7 2007, 03:15 AM) [snapback]401537[/snapback]</div>
    Marci,
    Welcome to PriusChat!
    And thanks for joining the team too.

I also went from SETI to F@H. I figured ETs could use their resources and find us first. In the meantime, we have our own problems to figure out. F@H made more sense to me too. :D

14. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

The announcement I've been waiting months for finally happened today!

http://www.redherring.com/Article.aspx?a=2...ector=Computing

Short version. About a year after initial annoucement, Folding@Home client for PS3 to ship in PS3's next firmware update later this month.... Will pick up the idle cycles when you are not playing games... Recent benchmarks put it at 20-30x faster than a PC.

Screen shots of PS3 client: http://www.hardocp.com/images/news/1173988...uG7CO_1_1_l.jpg

(Based on team number in screen shot, I'm guessing this is Stanford's or Sony's PS3 F@H development test team: http://fahstats.com/t.php?t=49078 Just a guess...)

15. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigdaddy @ Mar 15 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]406467[/snapback]</div>
    ArGHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh [attachmentid=6912]

Finally got my Core2 back up and running and saw the team overtake slowly rise back up to 11.2 months. I was feeling fairly safe now this! <_< Woe is me I am DOOMED!

Wildkow :(

Attached Files:

16. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Team PriusChat just broke through the 1,800 rank.

17. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AnOldHouse @ Mar 19 2007, 07:41 PM) [snapback]408729[/snapback]</div>
    You guys also moved up almost one place per hour for the last 24 hours and posted a 3,000+ point day. That is sweet! I figure Bigdaddy got his PS3 up and running. :angry: I'm toast. :angry:

Wildkow

p.s. Someone on your team needs to check with these people to see if they actually stopped folding or if their configuration is wrong.

tustin
    Marci Maleski
    8AA
    tbsmith
    johnpmid
    priuschat* Pretty sure this folder was just a configuration error.

18. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Mar 20 2007, 01:47 AM) [snapback]408809[/snapback]</div>
    Marci Maleski and 8AA are new. But they and tustin are all functional having reported a completed work unit within the past couple days.

tbsmith and johnpmid are both currently non-functional, but have been functional within the past 50 days.

Yes, it would make sense that PriusChat was an initial configuration error before someone realized it and changed their ID.

19. chinalfr

chinalfr Junior Member

I'm new here. I'm a Folding@Home contributor for about 1 year now. I don't belong to any team, but I will reconfig my Folding@Home to join this team. My Folding@Home name is MolangiNaeda. :)

20. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona