1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone Planning to Trade in Their Prime?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by geguia, Oct 1, 2018.

1. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    4-5 more years. By then the EV portion will probably draw down to 15 miles of range. If the Model Y doesn't have the gull-wings, I would bet that might be next in line for me.

2. drewbiondo

drewbiondo Junior Member

Had my last Prius for 15 years. Picked up a Prime Advanced ('17) last year. Now have 10K miles. Will probably run it for 10 years minimum.

3. Nancy S

Nancy S Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sadly yes in 18 months or whenever my Model Y is ready. Waited a year to get the Prime which we have now had for two years. Waited 2 years for our Model 3 which we’ve now had for a year. The 3 became our carpool vehicle on weekdays and the Prime was the weekend car. When the weekend rolled around, we didn’t want to drive the Prime so it sitting in the garage looking sad and neglected. The Prime has 14k miles on it and the 3 has 12k. We had always been a Toyota/Lexus family but have been severely disappointed by their inability to move forward with electric vehicle development and would have purchased a fully electric vehicle if they offered one in a heartbeat, but they appear to be standing behind hydrogen vehicle development. I have to add I was extremely disappointed in their latest Corolla ad degrading the “hassle” of charging electric cars. The Prime is a fabulous car for it’s given purpose if it suits your needs and price range it’s a winner. I will be back to the forums when it comes time to sell my Prime to see if there’s any local interest.

jaqueh likes this.
  4. Q Ng

Q Ng Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Love the car. Almost perfect for Socal Traffic. Will drive her until the wheels fall off like all my other vehicles.

5. LOliveira

LOliveira Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Yes, if there's the same cashback offers in the northeast this year! The arbitrage between the selling price, trade in and tax credit make it so that i can basically have a free car.

6. geguia

geguia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    i got a mailer about trading in my 2017 for a 2019 lol

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hey, why not investigate, if you have the tax liability available?

8. 2015BlizzardPriusFour

2015BlizzardPriusFour Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    We will probably do the same with this Prius as we did with the last 2. Trade up to the newer model when it makes money sense.

We started with a leftover gold 2011 Prius 2 in May of 2012 drove that until May 2015 when we traded it in on a blizzard pearl 2015 Prius 4 which dropped our monthly payments by over $100. Then in April 2018 traded in the 4 for a blizzard pearl 2017 Prius Prime advanced which dropped our payment by $25 but also dropped our fuel costs by quite a bit. From the “4” to the advance our insurance only went up $9 a year for identical coverages.

iPad ?