1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone Recommend Certain Fog Lights

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Jcarlos_nene, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Jcarlos_nene

Jcarlos_nene New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Fog season is around the corner here in Central California I'm looking forward to installing fog lights on my Prius C 1, does anybody recommend any specific brand or lighting? I would appreciate any recommendations or suggestions and pictures if possible

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The best type of foglight has a good cutoff that keeps the light low to prevent the light from reflecting off the fog back into your eyes. Typical foglights have very poor, or non existent cutoffs.

You want projector foglights like these:

Direct OEM Replacement Projector Fog Lamps For Toyota Scion Lexus IS GS CT LX RX | eBay

Then for higher contrast, use warm color temperature bulbs like 2500K for better visibility and less glare.

Here's a picture of my Camry with projector foglights and 2500K Nokya halogen bulbs against my garage door. You can see there's a good cutoff.

1506961667617.jpg

1506961691965.jpg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Jcarlos_nene likes this.
  3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Keep in mind that unless you're car came with foglights, you're going to have to get a kit with the correct shrouds with foglight openings to replace the blanks that are on your vehicle. The kit will also provide a relay, dashboard switch, and a wiring harness.

The foglights linked to above are just the foglights, nothing else is included.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Jcarlos_nene likes this.
  4. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    *Note: 2012 PC4 did not come with fog light cutoffs... :D

Jcarlos_nene likes this.