1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone successfully pair Scion FR-S TPMS to the Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by mshl726, Jan 20, 2015.

1. mshl726

mshl726 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    subject line pretty much says it all. Anyone else with FRS wheels able to pair the OEM Scion TPMS with the Prius? If so, please share how you went about it. A couple of local tire shops in LA have tried to do this for me but failed. One today used an ATEQ handheld TPMS reader and it failed to even read the sensors.

2. dle

dle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes. I've done it since they're the same sensor. It also depends on which ateq tool they're using too. Some are just readers and others like the vt55/56 will do the whole relearn procedure. If they're not getting an accurate reading, and you know that the sensors are indeed good, then the tech is not properly placing the tool to get the rf signal from the sensor. If the sensors are bad, the tool will indicate an error.

3. Joele3

Joele3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I also have tried a few shops in the San Jose area. No go on the TPMS light I just used some electrical tape. I also had an issue with LEDs in the license plate causing my TPMS to blink.

4. mshl726

mshl726 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I wanted to bring some closure to this thread in case anyone stumbles upon it. After trying with 3 different tire shops, I learned the FR-S sensors do not auto sync with the Prius. A few tire places told me they could probably reprogram the Prius to read PMV-C010 (FR-S) sensors but it's a manual process that requires them getting the code off each individual sensor, then reinstalling the tire. These places quoted me in the $80-100 range for labor but none guaranteed it would sync.

I ended up buying a set of used Prius PMV-107J sensors on eBay for $40 and had them installed at America's Tire/Discount Tire, where I have bought a lot of tires in the past. Labor charge was $50 total ($12.50 for each tire + resync). I then resold the PMV-C010 on eBay for $40.