1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone tried this? - Toyota Prius backup sensor

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by inPlacentia, Feb 5, 2006.

1. inPlacentia

inPlacentia New Member

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

that's the one where you drill two holes in the back bumper and install the sensors and then wire them to the control module that sits in the hatch and beeps at you when your backing up. The closer you get the faster it beeps. Put it's other cousin on the wife's car and she made me take it off. I have to admit it was pretty annoying and didn't really work all that well in my opinion.

3. tomdeimos

tomdeimos New Member

I put on the capacitive type. No holes to drill!

It works quite well and warns me at about 1 ft to 6 inches from most materials.

Only big problem with it is it doesn't respond to all materials well, and it often starts beeping with nothing behind me when it is raining.

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    the latter must be the annoying part Frank mentioned. i know of a few others that either swear by it or hate it. i guess its all has to do with how well you can tolerate that noise.

5. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Mine was fitted by the dealer before delivery. Works well. The beep becomes more rapid as you get nearer an obstruction and then is continuous when you're 6 inches away. My only complaint is that it is not really loud enough (I have poor hearing) and I don't think you can adjust the volume.
    There was one occasion when an idiot pedestrian walked close behind the car as I was backing in a car park. The beeping just saved him!