1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone used a buying service to get the best deal?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by I give up, Apr 5, 2007.

1. I give up

I give up New Member

I bought my car on the internet, emailed 4 local dealers, got the best price, found the color my wife wanted and bought it. Not sure if we can tell how much we paid, but Troy (extended warranty gentleman) says we got it over a thousand cheaper than he could have sold it back east.

This time I bought the car on the west coast, extended warranties on the east coast.

Next time I am thinking of trying to buy it as a package or going to some of these places who tell us they can get us the best deal for $50 or whatever they charge.

We got the car, the 7 yr extended warranty, zero deductible and 4 yr/55,000 mile extended warranty for
    $26,375 plus tag and title stuff. Package 5 with the color we wanted.

I am not sure the buying services can beat that. I also found there was a cash rebate on Edmunds, but my local dealers SWORE that was a mistake at Edmunds. I don't know how to prove different.

What say Ye? Shop around yourself and hope for the best deal or go with one of the companies who claim they get the best buy?

Thanks...

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I bought my car through a broker. At the time I was on 2 waiting lists and the broker was able to find me a car without the wait. Did not buy the warranty.

I'm a little confused as to why you would buy 2 extended warranties?

3. PriusBoyAZ

PriusBoyAZ New Member

Hey everyone, new owner here checking things out!

I just bought a Touring w/ Package #6 last week. Price before tax/lic was $27,713 and then we got the 7 year / 100,000 extended warranty for an additional $1,600. Before adding the warranty, the price was about $2,100 below mfg. sticker.

It was the best deal I could get here in Phoenix, my dealer beat the "lowest priced dealer in town" by $300.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hope it works @ Apr 5 2007, 01:05 PM) [snapback]418382[/snapback]</div>

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, PriusBoyAZ! Want $700? Cancel the warranty with the dealer and buy the 7 year/100K miles/$0 deductable warranty through PriusChat. Congratulations on your new Prius, remember, you can tell whan a dealer is lying because their lips move...

5. PriusBoyAZ

PriusBoyAZ New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Apr 6 2007, 12:40 AM) [snapback]418674[/snapback]</div>
    I wish I had known about this! My warranty was rolled into the financing, as I am getting 2.9% for 5 years and wanted to keep the cash in my savings account where I get 5%. Oh well, next time I'll know better. I'm sure I'll be getting a 2nd Prius, just a matter of time! :)