1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone uses the Advent OE nav unit?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by clokwise, Jun 14, 2012.

1. clokwise

clokwise Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just wondering if anyone has used this one? I have heard good stuff. The dealership I am working with to get a Prius uses their products for add ons such as nav and bluetooth. Just wondering what people think of them?

Thanks

2. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  3. cambridgehank

cambridgehank Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have the OTOPRI1 installed in my 2011. The navigation module is not as full featured as I would like. I purchased it for the iPod module and delighted with that. I use a TomTom 1500 which has a traffic sensor built in. The Advent does not have traffic information displayed on the screen. It is also difficult to program in a new destination or POI.
    Just my two cents.

4. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You can change the navigation software of your choice. The Ottobavi's unit is probably te best option with OEM look.

5. prius2010II

prius2010II Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ottonavi doesn't really support Sirius XM. A deal breaker for my wife. Audiovox is supporting the product. Firmware upgrades. They sell an adapter so you can flush mount the media input (USB and video) in a standard Toyota plate. The igo navigation upgrade is available for around $100-$120. Igo will be standard. Probably the best choice for a "factory" look. Ottonavi is the best choice if you're looking for a factory look and want to save $$.

People willing to skip the factory "look" can get more features including traffic, HD radio etc with units from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, Sony.....