1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone went from PiP to C?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Pasaman, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Pasaman

Pasaman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I'm going from a base 2014 PiP in Blizzard Pearl to a 2015 Prius C 3 in Moonglow with a moonroof.

Loving the car so far. Though I can feel it's much smaller, I don't mind it at all. It feels zippy. The only thing I'm missing so far from my PiP is all the storage in the center console haha.

Anyone else go from PiP to C? How did you adjust?

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just curious why? Circumstances beyond your control?

3. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    I am also curious since our 2012 PiP (not new to us, bought at 34,000 miles) is really really amazing in the MPG dept! 70, 80, high of 92 MPG after a tank of 8 gallons (average so far) and almost 600 miles. The space inside is just a bit bigger than our old 2004 and 2005 Prius, so win win! and to plug in we use a standard 120 V outlet in the carport, overnight, no problem. We had a sunroof installed as my wife "needs" that, haha. And roadtrips are range anxiety-free (I now drive a Leaf and LOVE it, even with it's limitations). We take the charging cable with us, same one i use for the Leaf BTW, and plug in if we can, but no worries if we don't.

4. Pasaman

Pasaman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I was no longer using the carpool stickers, my commute shortened from 30 miles to under 5 miles, and I'm leasing at a fraction of the cost of my monthly PiP payment.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    No place to plug in? That 10 miles roundtrip is perfect for the PiP. I can see the cheaper leasing being important, though.

6. Pasaman

Pasaman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Yeah having half the monthly payment negates any value from plugging in. I rarely plugged and when I did I ended up saving maybe $10/month, if that. I don't drive a ton.