1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone willing to be interviewed?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Chrismedia, Jun 30, 2016.

1. hb1148

hb1148 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My first reaction to the 2016 model was like yours, didn't appeal to me but a weird thing has happened since then. Far from ugly, it's actually really grown on me since I started looking and now that I've taken delivery. It's definitely a little "out there" in terms of Toyota being typically conservative in their styling. I also like that you don't see a lot of this generation on the street (yet). I presume that when gas doubles in price again (or more), they'll look even more attractive. :)

wrprice and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i know it happened for me in gen 2 and 3.(y) i mean, let's face it, prius has never been a work of art, it's the engineering that makes it unique and beautiful.

Prius Maximus and wrprice like this.
  3. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Quit showing off your Corvette so much...

... like this! :D
    DSCN6660.JPG
    VIR2014-4 smaller.jpg

4. Jim in NC

Jim in NC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Speaking as one of the two 'interviewees' from Priuschat, I find it odd that both of us made positive comments about the styling but the article implies that the styling is the main problem for the Prius' drop in sales.

I agree with others that the main reason is that gas prices are relatively low now. To a lesser degree, the other hybrids and EV's out there may be scooping up some potential Prius buyers

bisco likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yep, that article had pre misconceptions written all over it.

jim, you finally made the big time! :p and now you understand why people are always complaining that they've been quoted out of context.

6. gvp1995

gvp1995 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    It is a bit out of topic here, but I don't defend Toyota by no means! As well as everybody else, I would gladly had a spare even at a price of a couple of MPGs. But since the choice is either to forfeit some safety or to do modification in the trunk, eventually I selected the latter. Another consideration for me was that I could not go 3 because I really don't want cloth seats. That left me with 3T with 17" wheels and all the disadvantages that come with it. Especially on LA roads, which these days look like after the war.

bisco likes this.