1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyplace to rent a Prius in NH?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by synapse, Sep 30, 2008.

1. synapse

synapse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm new to PriusChat but have been reading and stalking around for a while.

I've searched on the forums here and Google and can't seem to find a place to rent a Prius in New Hampshire. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm 6' and I can't decide whether to get a 2009 or a 2010. I took one for a test drive at a dealership but it was not long enough so I wanted to take one for a longer drive to try to decide. The only problem is I can't seem to find a place. All the car rental companies either say they don't have any or they say that they cannot guarantee a Prius.

Has anyone had any luck in NH finding one to rent?

Thanks,
    -Dan

Side note: the dealer said they probably wouldn't get any 2010's here in NH until early 2010. Not sure how much to believe him or not but interesting perhaps none-the-less.

2. Wa1hog

Wa1hog Old Blind Hippie

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Havent seen any here in SWNH. About the only thing I can say is to let your dealer know what you want to do. If they give half a hoot they will let you take one for a long ride.

3. boxer93

boxer93 Psyched for PHEV

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    synapse,
    I have never looked to rent one. I would think that Manchester Airport would be your best shot(or maybe they could get one in from another rental location). Also Not sure where you are in NH. What are some of your concerns with the car? Or do you just want to spend more time in it.
    Chris

4. pdhenry

pdhenry It's HEEERE!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I thought about reserving a Prius from Hertz at MHT but they don't feature the "Green Collection" there. I spoke with someone at the office and they said they occasionally get one but it's not predictable.

5. synapse

synapse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm near Manchester but have called every place around I could find and have been told variations of can't guarantee (sometimes see one), or they don't have any.

My concerns are really just with how I'll feel in it after a long drive (many hours). I had a car in the past which felt good at first but after driving for a while, I realized it just wasn't right. I am most concerned with the leg room, vertical viability, and the steering wheel's inability to adjust besides tilting up and down. I might just have to follow your suggestion and ask for a longer ride.

That was actually my first choice but I ran into that same problem.