1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Apparently America still doesn't get it

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jadziasman, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Re: black new Ice Capade in long drive thru line

:D Drive thru lanes at fast food restaurants, at the bank, pharmacy, etc... here in Florida are everywhere. God forbids that people would actually get out of the car and walk inside.

2. oldasdust

oldasdust Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yep that is the way it was JADZIASMAN and is. Eagle Foods gone Dominicks closed most stores but Jewel/ Albertson going strong. Chicago was a great place in the 60's man i miss those times now a fallen city as is the whole area.

3. FreydNot

FreydNot Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: black new Ice Capade in long drive thru line

Those are very handy when you are stuck behind a stoned/drunk/stupid person who doesn't know what they want and takes 5 minutes staring at the menu.

4. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You see it is not that hard, this town gets it!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1XPWVL-nZ8&feature=player_detailpage]‪Electric Cars Rule Ga. Town‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

1 person likes this.
  5. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Now that I'm back in the same part of San Jose, CA as I was living in before, I still see usual insane # of monstrosity class guzzlers.

I went out to do some errands today and in the strip mall parking lot I saw a Hummer H2 driving around, a Seqouia containing by a woman driver and hauling only a small child in a booster seat, and a Yukon Denali leaving, being driven solo by a woman. I saw a Ford Excursion parked next to a current gen Escalade. On two of the streets surrounding the mall, I saw the numerous of the usual suspects running around (e.g. Tahoes and their ilk).

I did see a blue Leaf w/white HOV stickers in the parking lot though. I think this is the one I've seen a few times now.

6. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    but the sfbay area is a capital for people with money who get to basically do what they want and blow money as they wish... i expect some people to be leaders and the rest to be completely ignorant of all the better options.

in the bay area people buy hybrid escalades and such.. not because they are greener in any way.. it's because they have nicer projection lights (no joke.. a few people didn't even remember it's a hybrid... because they didn't buy it for that... a husband or such simply purchased it for them....) they are so blind to everything...

7. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  8. EffinRed

EffinRed Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yep, as another poster said, preaching to the choir. I would ask, what are you doing with your outrage besides posting to a forum where were all "get it" (we drive hybrids)? That's the important questions IMHO.

9. qlak

qlak Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    CWERNDA,

What are you doing at a fast food restaurant? I thought Prius people were perfect? I am horrified! Our health care cost are through the roof. I do not want to subsidize your heart attack. Even if you are only getting a salad you are supporting those corporations.

I drive by "those places" and try to look in the car windows to see what type of people (if you can call them people) eat at places like that? You have inspired me to start a new post on Prius Chat! "Are fast food people worthy of owning a Prius?"

I will make a deal with you. If you want to make my transportation decisions then I get to make all your eating decisions. Once we agree on that I will analyze the rest of your life and see what else I can improve. OK? I'm sure I will find you are not perfect.... neither am I.

I drive a Prius because it is a great car (and personally I like to support non-union car companies) but I do not judge others. Maybe the person you saw in that SUV has a home totally off the grid and has volunteered their entire life at the homeless shelter. (By the way....are you volunteering enough? We will put that on the list after we analyze the food.:))

I am embarassed to have something in common with you.

10. billnchristy

billnchristy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you serious?

11. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hey, whats wrong with fast food qlak??

we all have vices and i am sure your list has 2 pages just like mine

12. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well, its obvious he has posted one time too many (his current post count is one)

1 person likes this.
  13. DetPrius

DetPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I love fast food drive thrus in my Prius, as I sit there waiting at Taco Bell burning NO gas!

14. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    But, some of these Burritos may cause gas!:D

15. qlak

qlak Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was trying to make a point with sarcasm. I was trying to show how ludicrous some of these statements are.
    No one is perfect. Not even Prius People. You can not "pre-judge" or be prejudice of people by what they drive.
    There is a lot more to a person than the car or truck they drive. I'm sure there are many great people that have contrubuted much more to society than you or I and they may have driven an SUV. Does that make them bad?

Yes, I am very serious that if we get to a point in this country that someone is telling me what I have to drive then I will do everything in my power to control every aspect of their life too.

I run 25-30 miles a week to stay healthy so I am not a burden to our healthcare system. I am also a vegetarian but, I do not judge those who don't run or who could eat better. I pay for their right though, to go have a Big Mac and sit on their butts.

I am also a Conservative!!! Yes, I said it. I am a running vegetarian conservative that drives a Prius.:D
    Oh....I also have a 2007 Tundra to pull my boat. I guess I am not perfect.

16. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You should seek professional help before this split personality problem blossoms into full schizophrenia.

:D

Tom

Epiphany2000 likes this.
  17. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well, if fast food is as bad as its made out to be (it aint) then you wont have to pay long since they should die young.

but fast food is such a small teeny weeny itsy bitsy part of the the problem as to be nearly insignificant simply because if every fast food restaurant was shut down today, it would really solve nothing, put millions out of work and then your cost would skyrocket

18. dabize

dabize New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been keeping track of the actual number of high mileage vehicles (mostly Prius, but I count Insights and ForTwos because they are easily identifiable) in traffic relative to cars/vans/SUVs (I don't count pickups).

There's lots of local variation based on what appears to be income (I score Boston suburbs vs Lowell city vs everything else)
    but each place is very stable, and has been getting better.

Before anybody says it, yes I know I have no life........

Two summers ago (May-August), I counted
    910/72,400 (1 in 80) 1.25% for MetroWest
    102/31,600 (1 in 310) 0.3% for Lowell
    878/103,500 (1 in 118) 0.85% for everything else
    (eastern NE minus Boston and Lowell)

This past summer, I got:
    4058/134,250 (1 in 33) or 3% for MetroWest
    331/41,650 (1 in 126) or 0.8% for Lowell
    1357/74,700 (1 in 55) or 1.95% for everything else

That's a 2-3 fold improvement everywhere; the increase is practically linear

Were getting better -

19. qlak

qlak Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is'nt that the truth? When I read it back to all of myselfs, I had to laugh(and cry at the same time)!

20. jesicaMajcnomaa3

jesicaMajcnomaa3 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    just start crying then.. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.