1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Apple CarPlay Aftermarket Systems for 2011 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by hcprius, Mar 6, 2016.

1. hcprius

hcprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am searching through the web and manufacturers' web sites to try to find out if anyone makes a CarPlay compatible system that will fit in a Toyota Prius 2011. Thus far their web sites are NOT making this easy, and Google has been spectacularly unhelpful.

So once again I turn to the awesome community at Prius Chat. Any help would be much appreciated, even if it is a resounding "no." That way I can give up on my dream of having CarPlay and my Prius too.

2. fileaudio

fileaudio Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I used to have a pioneer 8000 nex in a prius 2008. Now i purchased a 2011 and a new pioneer 8000nx. To install next week i use iphone6 and car play worked like a charm as intended. I highly recomend nex series from pioneer for carplay and android auto. The only feature miss is the optical output from alpine stereos to use an external dsp audio processors. But 8000 nex is not the newest flagship it has all features from 8100&8200 nex. Dual usb. Bluetooth. Nav gps. Dvd. RadioHd. Intuitive functionality more than kenwoods dnn and dnx lag stereos. Honestly typed. Check clarion HU too

berean17 likes this.
  3. LasVegasaurusRex

LasVegasaurusRex Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    i played with the aftermarket Android Auto head units from JVC, Pioneer, and Kenwood at CES this year and i was underwhelmed to say the least. it was just the same rehashed crap as always from the car audio industry. i don't own any iDevices but i can only assume that the story is the same with respect to aftermarket CarPlay head units. i would wait until the auto manufacturers themselves start embracing Carplay/Android Auto before i jump in.

4. berean17

berean17 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    After you installed the Pioneer system and removed the Toyota computer system how do you set the system to pickup the backup camera and monitor the oil changes and other car maintenance issues? Thanks.