1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

apple maps or google maps voice not working

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by paul gerber, Dec 21, 2019.

1. paul gerber

paul gerber Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    might not be related to the bluetooth in the car. we try using either nav app from iphone or google and can't get the voice function to work, even tho the settings for both are set so we could get voice. anyone having the same deal? we are driving a 2016 prius 2 which does not have its own nav. thanks for any help/suggestions

2. blane

blane Carmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Have you just considered using your phone's own built-in speaker to listen to directions, without fiddling with bluetooth?

krmcg likes this.
  3. davecook89t

davecook89t Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Have you been able to use your bluetooth connection to listen to music or podcasts from your phone? Does the screen on your car show that the phone is connected?

4. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Different OP, but same issue. With the iPhone connected to the Bluetooth, I can play Apple iTunes thru the car speakers via Bluetooth Audio, but cannot receive voice guidance from the Apple Maps app. If I turn Bluetooth on the iPhone OFF, the car loses the Bluetooth connection and voice directions will play from the phone. Of course, I also lose hands-free phone capability with Bluetooth OFF.