1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Apple tops 9% marketshare

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by eagle33199, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You can't blame Microsoft for the general crappiness that plagued the first few versions of OSX...

I personally run Linux, because it's easier to do what I need to do (work, surfing, emailing) and it's faster on the same hardware than either OSX or Windows will be. And I can run Windows and OSX in a VM, if I want to. :)

2. Santiago

Santiago New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Speaking of both camps, I support both Macs and Windows machines. For sometime now I have been encouraging my customers to make the switch from Windows to Mac. You can legally run both on a Mac but you're stuck with Windows on a Windows machine. Vista is a tough pill to swallow and many of my Windows customers have retrograded to XP. So the path forward from XP (I'm using Windows 7 and it is just Vista warmed over) is to a Mac unless M$ decides to keep supporting XP forever and you can again easily buy a new computer with XP (you're SOL as it stands now). Look for Macs to increasing gain market share, particularly with the new aluminum-bodied machines with improved video and front-side bus speed.:ranger:

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Speaking from personal experience here, you should get a wireless router with a USB port on it for a printer. I got one about a year ago, and it's been absolutely phenomenal. My MacBook recognized and started using it without any problems, and setting it up in Windows wasn't any more difficult than normal. The best part about it was that i didn't have to mess with settings to share it over the network, or have my desktop turned on in order to print from my laptop anymore.

Just my two cents, but it worked great for me.

4. Scummer

Scummer Eh?

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    That is the reason why I like my macbook with OS X. It gives me a functioning unix shell with a nice desktop on compatible hardware which simply works.

I've started with DOS 2.11, going through all iterations of Windoze from 1.0 to XP (except 95 ME), tried OS/2, went through gnome and KDE, Sun's java desktop, CDE etc etc and only OS X so far has given me the warm and fuzzy feeling that it just simply works without having to fiddle with it.
    I do love Linux, don't get me wrong (heck, I've been a Unix Admin for the last 10 years of my professional life) but as a work/desktop computer I love OS X even more :)