1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Applying Cilajet

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by dlegate, Feb 27, 2018.

1. dlegate

dlegate Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    So since I did the Scotch Guarding in my 2008 Prius when I bought it and liked the results, I asked for the same on my new Prius Prime.

Cilajet will be applied this Friday. From what I've read online, it's like a tough coat for your paint and undercarriage.

What I'm baffled about, however, is the fact that it can be applied to the interior as well? It must be a different type of Cilajet for interiors?

Anyway, just wondering how others have fared with this and if it's all worth it.

Thanks!

Dan

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    When we bought my wife a 2017 Lexus RX450h last July, they tried to upsell the Cilajet coating. From what I remember, Cilajet does not protect against damage, just against stains.

What we did instead was go for the clear film application:
    09AB36E3-C0A6-4275-83E3-25068F15D1EE.jpeg E0A24349-F8B4-42AF-9B87-A93B6721A8A5.jpeg 78084B06-4D8B-4DFB-9F9B-6186945E2CC9.jpeg

This was done at AVO in Walnut Creek, so close by:).

Good luck with your decision (y).

Attached Files:

dlegate and Prodigyplace like this.
  3. PT Guy

PT Guy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The Cilajet Care Products Co. has a variety of products for inside & outside.
    Cilajet Auto Paint Protection, Best Auto Paint Sealant

It sounds like a good product, and never worth what a dealership charges for the application. Always keep in mind that the so-called finance manager is paid only on commission. If he doesn't sell something (like a fancy wax job), he doesn't get a paycheck. There are dozens of similar products on the market for both professional and car owner application.

4. My selling dealership had Xzilon put on. I was not impressed. It did not prevent a single microfine hairline scratch on the clear coat or the shiny interior parts. Whatever, it's covered so that I can nag them in a few years.

5. Skapruisprime

Skapruisprime Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Sounds like snake oil :D

I put on sonax polymer after I detail my cars...thats it