1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Appropriate Replacement tires for 2012 v five? (p215/50 R70 90W)

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by santam, Oct 3, 2013.

1. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I have no idea. I have no complaints about wet traction on my Energy Saver A/S, but I don't see a lot of wet. Pretty much any decent passenger tire should do well in that regard.

2. iflutist

iflutist New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    One
    Okay, will look into those as well. Thanks!

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The Premier's have tread that WIDENS towards the bottom, and sipes that only open up as the tire wears down. Maybe the reason for 8.5 initial depth?

4. iflutist

iflutist New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    One
    Well i trust that if they do the same warrantee, one need not worry but maybe I am naive! I am tempted to try it to see if it the new tech does work so that the performance does not suffer as it wears. Do the Energy Savers wear well?

5. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    They're not rated especially well for wear, maybe 50K. But with a careful driver and a little extra pressure they could exceed the rating.

6. Eric "v"

Eric "v" Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    FOR THE MONEY:

I got Yokohama YK 850 (Discount Tire's model name) in 215/50/17 because they are V rated and have the highest heat rating. I live in the Mojave Desert and need that heat rating when chirping along at 80 mph or more. These are the best Yokohama quality level and last a long time. Mine have "orange oil" in the tread compound for better wear and rain performance.

I've had the earlier YK 850s on my Toyota RAV 4 V6 and loved them. Great wear and comfortable.