1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aprils Fools Thread - Goofy Prius-Related Comments

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by effwitt, Apr 1, 2009.

1. effwitt

effwitt Paparazzi Magnet

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Have you ever told someone a tall tale about your Prius? In honor of April Fools day here's a couple of my favorites:

I'm going out to eat with my future son-in-law who's already in passenger side front seat. Using the SKS, I just climb in, buckle up and pop the Power button. He stares at the dash for about five minutes and asks, "If you don't need a key, what's to keep someone from stealing your car?" My reply: "It knows who I am by the shape of my butt!"

When asked how I like my Prius I've replied twice: "It's great for fishing. Just drive down the boat launch until the wheels are half underwater and the battery shocks the nearby fish. You then drive out and wade back in the water and bring in the stunned fish." One guy asked if that was legal...

My favorite never happened to me, but I saw in another thread. A guy filling up his Prius is approached and the other guy said "I thought those things didn't use gas". The Prius owner replies "It doesn't, I'm pumping gas into the station's tank".

1 person likes this.
  2. Qlara

Qlara New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

That would be a dream, if the Prius can regenerate Gas from the 'captured' energy.....LOL!

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    With SKS, I've been asked how the car knew to unlock the door for me and not anyone else. I told them it was through fingerprint recognition. I locked the door, stepped back out of range, and said "Here, you try it."

Tom

4. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    A neighbor, who somehow got through this life without ever seeing any Star Trek, asked me if I was starting a new company.
    [​IMG]

Didn't know quite how to reply.

5. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good laughs.

Here's my real story, and how having Bluetooth with your cellphone...

I'm driving my wife to her *surprise* 40th birthday party.

First my daughter calls asking me to tell my Mom to pick her up at 5pm for the party.
    *ahem*

THEN, my Mom calls, like two minutes later, asking about picking up my daughter for five-ish is ok (they both have each other's phone numbers !) and how she hadn't found any helium balloons yet.

My wife was still happy !!!

6. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    While gassing up a couple of years ago, I was asked by a guy if the Prius really *is* responsible for the "moonscape" around Sudbury, ON

Hint: the INCO nickel mine is located at Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. Before Canada and the Province of Ontario forced environmental standards in the early 1980's, it was pretty grim around Sudbury: long before the Prius came into existence. It's mostly cleaned up now

Me: Yes, all true. For every Prius made, a vast swath of Canadian wilderness is rendered uninhabitable, and a cute baby seal is clubbed to death to make the material for the seats

Guy: Really?

Me, with a glare: No, not *really*

I then patiently had to explain the story behind INCO, which took a hell of a lot longer than the time it took for me to gas up. However, this guy had a Ford minivan, and he was still filling as I finally got the hell out of there

Yes, I needed a good stiff drink after that episode

7. kimgh

kimgh Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I guess I can tell this story on myself. Happened just today (April 1).

I'm on my way to work, listening to a podcast on my iPhone (plugged into the Aux jack). Those of you with an iPhone know that when a call comes in, what you're listening to fades out and stops. So, I get the fade-out and then a ring tone. Now, it's the default iPhone ringtone, NOT the one I use. And there is no sound of the Prius ringer. In spite of that, I go ahead and try to answer. MFD shifts to the "traveling" phone screen, but no one at the other end. After a bit, ringing stops and the podcase fades back in. So I drive about a half mile thinking about it, then decide I better pull off and see who called (I thought it might be my wife).

I exit the freeway, find a side street that's safe to park on, and open the phone. There is no "missed call" indication and no one to call back. About then it finally dawns on me: the fading to ringer was embedded in the podcast, and it's one of Ken Ray's April fool's jokes on his listeners. I fell for it hook, line and sinker.

And it made me late to work. Darn that Ken Ray!

BTW: Ken Ray is the podcaster; the podcast is Mac OS Ken. I'm not only a Prius guy, I'm a Mac and iPhone guy also.