1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aqua Japanese website, videos, pictures and more....

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by pakitt, Dec 29, 2011.

1. telmo744

telmo744 HSD fanatic

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Agree with your questions. I know there are differences in dimensions between the two, but a reason why?

The good part of the 17" wheels is looks and allowing to fit wider and less drifty tires (lower profile).
    The bad part is mainly economical disadvantage: cost of a wheel, cost of a tyre, cost in MPG, and cost in higher wear (215 go faster than 195). But also comfort (stiffier ride), which gives many people a reason to drop Prius for another car (know one that got fed and is looking for trading for a softer car, even out of the Prius family).

2. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Reduced production costs and customer dissatisfaction. A la carte used to be the norm in car ordering, but try to imagine if every vehicle going down the line was slightly different with hundreds going by every day. Some models still have the option, but they are usually a higher priced, low production model where the plant has the luxury of keeping the pace down to get things right.

It still might possible with some makes and models. It can be done at the dealer for most full size trucks, but at an increased cost. It might not be a flat out price, but discounts on option packages.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes. I understand the target demographic for the Prius isn't the Scion crowd (and they do spend about $1k on accessories IIRC from an article I read).

I can understand if they don't bring anything in for the Camry since most buyers won't go for anything more than mats but with the Prius c targeting younger buyers, it would be nice if there were a few more accessories other than mats, block heater, remote starter and a licence plate cover.

mmm yes. It's really predictable as to what accessories they'll offer in Canada... the only thing "different" is a TRD oil cap. I guess there isn't a market for it (and it's probably true anyway. We do represent a small percentage of Prius owners that would actually spend on accessories) but at least this way, Danny gets more business lol :D.