1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Arctic melting faster than expected

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dragonfly, Dec 11, 2006.

1. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Dec 12 2006, 01:11 PM) [snapback]361116[/snapback]</div>
    Problem is, those sources (scientific journals, scientific websites etc.) are not "In peoples faces". When 27% of the U.S. population is effectively illiterate and only another 1% have read a book in the last year, movies and TV become the only venue to get people's attention. I agree with them being poorly written, and often "over-the-top" and the such but the fact remains awareness is needed. There is knowledge in everything around us. We need to relearn how to look for such things instead of turning off our brains just to be entertained. My point is, the media teaches us A LOT, unfortunately its the wrong ideals, way to live, ethics or however you want to phrase it. We need more movies and shows that deal with consequences of these unsustainable beliefs. Even at the risk of annoying some people. I used to scoff when elders said the TV was worthless, or rots your brain. I felt they were just senile or to sensitive. Now I tend to agree with them and as such I have had my cable unplugged for 3 months now and I don't miss it at all. I do watch movies though. :)