1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are GenII TSBs honoured in Australia?

Discussion in 'Toyota Prius Service Bulletins - TSBs' started by Agent J, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Agent J

Agent J Hypoliterian

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    my 07 is due for servicing this month. in the last servicing, they replaced the inverter pump as per the recall. my question is, will they (Toyota Australia) also honour other TSBs that's applicable to my car?

I'm thinking of having the aux input filter replaced and maybe the combination meter. Are there other TSBs that i'm not aware of? I want all of them done before my warranty runs out in a year's time.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The Technical Service Bulletins that this group has posted are typically produced by Toyota Motor Sales USA. Presumably this is based upon Toyota corporate direction from Japan.

Since the TSBs are US-centric, they may or may not be recognized by your country's Toyota distributorship if they haven't yet acted upon the corporate info.

Note that a TSB is not a mandatory recall. A TSB merely points out the existence of a known problem and provides suggestions about what to do about the problem if it exists in a particular car. The TSB typically describes what warranty coverage is applicable to the situation.

If your combination meter has not failed, then your dealer is not going to replace it under warranty.

A complete list of TSBs can be found on techinfo.toyota.com which is a TMS USA subscription website. However if you don't have a credit card with a North America billing address you may not be able to subscribe.

1 person likes this.
  3. Agent J

Agent J Hypoliterian

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the information, Patrick! I guess i'll have to give it a shot.. :)