1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are my A/C temps normal? (vid)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Higgins909, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Higgins909

Higgins909 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    2010 Prius 3 trim, 180k. I made a video documenting me using my A/C and the temperatures I achieve. My car has been sitting is slight shade all day at home. I start at 5:03 at 5:06 I roll back windows up so all are up. Feel free to skim through the video a bit. A lot of it is just showing the temperature slowly changing. After almost 20 minutes it was still 84F inside. I didn't check the A/C glass for the high or low pressure line this time, but have checked it before and don't see anything. I can't tell if it's very full or bone dry. Don't mind my hands, work is a hot and dirty place.

The video description has more to say, not sure how useful it is though. I'm really wanting to get my A/C looked at again but I don't want to spend the money and find out it's as good as it gets.

AzusaPrius likes this.
  2. lech auto air conditionin

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    it is cooling so it is not bone dry. every year a good ac system losses a few grams this is normal. some lose a little more. it's been 10 years and if it never had the ac system recovered, vacuum,and recharged it is past time.

3. Higgins909

Higgins909 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    This is what I was thinking. I have no idea if it's been done before. I've only had the car 2-3 years. I have found that if I manually go lowest temp and 2 bars fan for a few minutes and then go full blast, it actually feels coolish right away. It feels colder than manually going low and full blast right as I start the car even after several minutes.

I checked the ac glass a couple days ago and I couldn't see anything. Not sure if it's so full or empty. I was trying to figure out the logic behind this. My guess is when it cools down enough it's some kind of efficient sweet spot that it can hold a cooler temp.

4. lech auto air conditionin

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

Sounds like there’s no guessing to do from what you describe just recover the refrigerant and have it recharged there’s no thinking or guessing about this one. Cut and dry black and white