1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are Prius owners more likely to donate blood?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by burritos, Dec 16, 2006.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Dec 18 2006, 08:46 PM) [snapback]364036[/snapback]</div>
    You're joking, right?

2. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I donate regularly, and have since my freshman year in college. I used to give every 56 days regularly, but in the past year, I've taken to donating a "double dose" of red blood cells (through an automated system) every 112 days. It takes a little longer, but is worth it to me. I'm O-, and being the universal donor, I know I'm helping lots o' folks out with a minimum time and effort requirement.

3. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I remember participating in a blood drive about 15 years ago.

My gut feeling is quite a few people did not want to try donating because they were sexually active and either knew or were afraid of the 25 questions that try to identify people at risk of being HIV+.

4. kimgh

kimgh Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Dec 18 2006, 08:46 PM) [snapback]364036[/snapback]</div>
    Why do you thinks it's a conservative/liberal issue? I hate those labels, because I am conservative about some things and liberal about others. Don't label me, and especially don't assume a label based on the car I drive!