1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are Prius owners who are NOT rabidly anti-Bush welcome here?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Vespasian, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Vespasian

Vespasian New Member

If they're not, I'll go elsewhere.

2. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm afraid I don't quite understand your question - or is it a jab suggesting that we're all rabidly anti-bush here?

(shrug)

Stay or go, your choice - there are over 7,100 users here. One more or less isn't going to make much difference :p

Dave

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Certainly you're more than welcome. Just don't expect to be coddled or babied if you spout some pro-Bush propaganda. I'd say there are some serioius left leanings on this forum, but the contrary point of view is always good to have.

4. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

No problem, just be prepared that someone may post a well documented, comprehensive article like the recent one by Frank Rich in the NY Times that completely discredits the whole administration. And don't be afraid that it will totally reshape your views. It doesn't seem to have that effect in today's world, which is unlike the world of the 1970's when the Republicans demanded Nixon's resignation.

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    due to the nature and context of the questions and answers this post has been moved to 'Fred's'

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Of course! We encourage all Prius owners to be a part of PriusChat and post freely on the site.

We are equal-opportunity harassers. :lol:

7. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

One thing needs to be said. Even the strong political contributors show much interest, as practically all contributors do, in helping their fellow Prius owners enjoy the experience of owning what many of us feel is the best car today.

8. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Welcome to Priuschat Vespasian and congrats on your Prius. I do not frequent other bulletin boards but some people here have linked to others. When I checked them out I was aghast with the veracity of the personal attacks. If anyone proffered a counter-point, they were maliciously and violently attacked. Not their point, mind you, but the person. Needless to say, that type of posting gives great insight into the mentality of the persons operating and using the board.

On Priuschat, you will also get great insight into the mentality of the people operating and using the board. If you propose a logical and fact-oriented argument, people from around the world will counter with their own facts and their own opinion. They will openly and heartily debate your sources - as they expect you to do with theirs. And their arguments will provide insight into their thoughtfulness and passion.

But I take great pride in knowing that attacks against the person are strongly discouraged here. Profanity is edited, and blatant abuse is quickly squashed.

So. You ask if pro-Bush Prius owners are welcome. ALL are welcome. Besides, communication is essential for the exchange of ideas and beliefs.

I expect you to stick around because I just gave you 20 points and I don't want to see them go to waste.

9. kirbinster

kirbinster Member

Vespasian, even us Pro-Bush Republicans can like a Prius and enjoy saving fuels and creating less pollution. Please stay with us.

10. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    ... and those of us who are conservative but dislike the current crop of Republicans are present here as well.

11. popoff

popoff New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DonDNH\";p=\"108628)</div>
    Well said!!

12. unique2006

unique2006 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Re: Are Prius owners who are NOT rabidly anti-Bush welcome h

republican or democrat...its like chossing between fire and acid :p LOL they are all corrupt so its all the same:p republican here, but i vote for the issues...ie Arnie for governor so he could rid of the triple car tax(which he did) dont care what else he does really, he did the main thing he ran for, havent seen anyone else do that in a long time :) For me hybrid is good for mileage, difference, and well if it helps the environment even better....tho a nice 65 mustang , NO cat, horrid emissions, fast = what i like, but the prius is more dependable and better mileage...now a hybrid 65 mustang...YUM!

13. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vespasian\";p=\"108470)</div>
    Please stay, this is America, we welcome diversity.
    Actually, couple of weeks ago, I had an argument with my friend about our current admin. I presented my case and so did he. At the end, we both stick to our original thoughts. He still loves Bush, and I still hate Bush. But what the heck, we are still friends and get along well.

So Vespasian, please stay and have some constructive discussions. And welcome to PriusChat!

Scott

14. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    in fact, we all have our rabies shots too!

[trying to bring out the lighter side here] :)

15. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

Galaxee: You bring the lighter side without even trying.

16. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  17. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

I think what makes a country a great nation is not the intelligence of its leaders, nor their political party, it's how well those in power can hear and respect the opposition. It's sad that we've lost the idea of civil discourse.

For my part, I am a solid lefty, but I would really like to have a serious discussion with someone from the other side because I think both sides of the political debate are listening only to their own cheerleaders. That's ok for a football game, but not for a country that has such a huge effect on (the survival of?) the rest of the world.

So, welcome aboard.
    Bob

18. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five

Welcome to the unsheltered world of free speech.

19. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kirbinster\";p=\"108525)</div>
    :iagree

Bob Andersen

20. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

It appears we lost him.