1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are seats in the Prime any better?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by khuselid, Apr 23, 2017.

1. khuselid

khuselid New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hi again all,

I love my PIP 2014 Advanced, but honestly the seats suck. I am 6'3" and have tried everything to make it more comfortable. They are too soft, too short and roll my shoulders forward.

I started looking at other Plug ins today (we get free solar so really want the plug in) and wonder if any one has found the Prime's seats more comfortable?? So far the only comfortable plug ins are Audi etron and the Hyundai Sonata (which is a medium size car that somehow feels really big!).

I just keep wishing my PIP would work!!

Sigh. Kim

2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I cannot comment on the Prime, but the low trim Gen 4 Prius seats are not good for long trips.
    My wife & son debate whether they are the same or worse than my son's 2015 Prius v 5.
    We are not tall people, though. YMMV

3. Vinagre

Vinagre Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have the prius prime 2017 and the prius pip 2014. The seats of the pip are very soft and for long trips they tire you a lot, on the other hand those of the prime; They are more firm and comfortable, the only thing that I would like to change is the synthetic leather for original leather, I do not know if it is just my impression but the synthetic leather is a bit hot.

4. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Clazzio leather seat covers?