1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are the 2 ohm Infinity Reference 9633cf speakers good choice?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by danmm7, Apr 25, 2014.

1. neez

neez Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Again, you're playing word games and not taking my statement into the context of everything i said. It's not 99% marketing B.S. I'm an engineer, i've been at every step of product development from validation to design, and now i'm at the conceptual prototype stage. Yes, marketing people have to do their jobs, it's what they're paid to do. But as an engineer, we make, tweak, redesign and test our products to the fullest, and we show performance graphs to the marketing people. It's up to them to do the rest. I believe that infinity's engineers did tweak the speakers to have a lower impedance in area's of it's frequency response to compensate for thinner wire, you have to keep in mind also that the speaker wire itself has different impedances at different frequencies, but i like i said several times, they probably just plucked the number from the graph somewhere to come up with 2ohms. Geez, i don't know how many times i have to explain that.

You're free to believe whatever you want to believe. No one is asking you to buy infinity products. At the end of the day, proof is in the pudding. Someone has to actually test this theory out with 22awg speaker wire, and 14awg speaker wire of approximately 10 feet and 17 feet. Compare the infinity to a traditional similar value speaker and measure SPL. Until someone does that, it's a matter of he said, she said. You can't just come out claiming BS without doing any testing yourself. I'm not saying it's not embelished either, but i'm not saying it's BS either, just sounds plausible with some testing. I'd like to see a graph with performance data.