1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are there fitment problems installing a modified Gen 1 with Gen 2 HV battery modules?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by TonyDeru, Aug 26, 2018.

1. TonyDeru

TonyDeru Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    What are the dimensional problems, and fixes, such as; putting the Bat. Pack back wens't it came from (behind the back seat). Will it need to be forced or bent?
    I also read something like, the two end mods will be squished / deformed in one way or another. Is there a pre-fix adjustment that can be tried or accomplished, so's not to injure the modules?
    Thanks in advance everyone.
    TD

2. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They are different sizes.
    You will be able to figure it out on the fly.
    Not much you can do about it ahead time.

3. TonyDeru

TonyDeru Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Eric, hey what's hap'n! Good Sunday to you. I just wanted to know where I'm gonna need to hit with the hammer.

4. TonyDeru

TonyDeru Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Eric, sorry I didn't respond sooner, I was outside cookin a rack. I'm sure I'll manage the situation.
    Thanks again for all the time you've given to me.
    Peace
    TD

5. trinca

trinca Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hello, everybody!
    I am rebuilding a Gen 1 Battery with Gen 2 modules. However the foam strips sealing the air passages are badly damaged and need replacement. The original parts 74449-47020 (long) and 74447-47010 are discontinued, and will appreciate any help somebody can give me in replacing such foam strips. They look line 1/4" wide x 1/4" thick, with one side adhesive, it may be like soft polyurethane black foam, but I'm not sure...

6. vaughnstark777

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Try Home Depot

iPhone ?

7. TonyDeru

TonyDeru Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    Base

You can use just about anything similar, like; door or window insulation strip. It's just for noise reduction and to fill the air gap, so's not to let any battery gases into the car's interior when the fan comes on.
    gd luk
    TD

8. Brian in Tucson

Brian in Tucson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How much do you need? I have some leftover foam padding from a Shorai Li Fe Po battery. Very dense, 1/4 in thick, and with adhesive on one side. As long as postage doesn't cost an arm and a leg, I'll give it to you. I might even be able to run the sheets through the paper cutter if you give me some dimensions.