1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are these the only Gen II Safety Recalls?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by wlai, Jan 6, 2015.

1. wlai

wlai Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Hi all: I logged into Toyota Owner site (Login) for the first time, and saw the list of two recalls for my 2008 Touring. I thought there was another one (unintended acceleration)?
    1. Safety Recall C0U Remedy Notice - 2004 to certain 2009 Model Year Prius Vehicles Hybrid Electric Water Pump. "Toyota is recalling certain model year 2004-2009 Prius vehicles manufactured August 6, 2003, through March 30, 2009 and FCHV-ADV vehicles manufactured December 12, 2008, through September 13, 2011. During manufacturing, a scratch may have occurred inside of the electrically driven water pump at the coil wire. The coil wire may corrode at the scratched portion.
    2. Safety Recall C0T - 2004 to certain 2009 Model Year Prius Vehicles Steering Intermediate Extension Shaft "Toyota is recalling certain Model Year 2004-2009 Prius vehicles manufactured August 5, 2003, through March 30, 2009. The affected vehicles have a steering intermediate extension shaft assembly built with metal splines that complete the connection from the steering wheel to the steering gear. These splines may have been manufactured with an insufficient hardness."
    Also, is there a way to see all the service bulletin issued? I just got the car from a family member and want to do a once over to it before too long.

Thanks,

William
    2008 Prius Touring, 129K

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    there should be the gas pedal shave and floor mat wire ties recall for u/a. did you plug in your vin? maybe it was already completed.

3. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The "unintended acceleration," recall is what Bisco just mentioned above.

If you haven't created a Toyota owners user account, you should so you can see what work/recalls were performed when you register the VIN.

4. Yakoma

Yakoma Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ^^
    +1

In addition to the recall and TSB stuff (and although you didn't ask), I'd recommend you confirm that all service items up to 120K have been performed including, but not limited to:

1) Transaxle fluid change (doesn't show on the Toyota maintenance schedule, but near unanimous support for that change each 60-100k here)
    2) HV Battery fan cleaning
    3) Test 12V battery - replace if necessary
    4) Spark plugs (spec only)
    5) Coolant replacement for both inverter and engine)
    6) Engine and cabin air filters
    7) Careful brake inspection (some may recommend brake fluid flush)
    8) Replace drive belt
    9) Underbody rust check
    10) Of course, oil/oil filter

There is some essential stuff there to increase your Prius' odds of a long life.
    Others may chime in with more.