1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are you a single male, interested in a relationship?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ggalanti, Nov 26, 2004.

1. ggalanti

ggalanti Junior Member

Whoops! My mistake. My apologies. Are you really the AndersEn of AndersEn's Pea Soup?

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    sure sounds like he the real McCoy to me... er... i mean the real Andersen that is...

3. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ggalanti\";p=\"53092)</div>
    yes... :lol: you never know who drives a Prius...

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Topic drift is certainly an interesting phenomenon. Same thing happens in conversations. Someone says something, and before you've had a chance to reply, the topic has drifted to something else. Some chat boards actually prohibit topic drift, and become agonizingly dull.

Bob, thanks for the offer of a can of pea soup. I love pea soup, and I'm sure the soup in your restaurant is (was?) superb. But the best canned soup in the world is not going to compare with an adequate home-made soup, and I'm immodest enough to say that my own pea soup is way above adequate. -- In fact, now that you've gotten me thinking about it, I may have to make pea soup today.

Fargo is small enough to have all the advantages I mentioned earlier, and yet large enough to have many of the advantages of a city, such as an alternative theater, several live theater groups, universities, libraries, some good restaurants. This is not your no-stop-light town where the ice cream parlor is the only place to hang out.

As far as I know, however, we still don't have a singles soup bar. Sigh!

5. Henry

Henry New Member

If she wants to get spanked, her hair pulled and tossed around in bed by a 32 year old, gimme a call:p

6. justwatchme

justwatchme New Member

hey i live in santa barbara i've been to pea soup andersons out in buellton a few times. Never tried anything else there, but the pea soups good :)

7. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Another Daniel... if I can get all of you to spell AndersEn with an 'E' I'll have it made... there are a couple of other members who are LOLing at my last statement...

but for the good soup plug... 10 points.. and I might beg you to drive past a friends house and show him your Prius..

Bob Andersen

8. justwatchme

justwatchme New Member

he probably knows someone when I got my prius this spring I was probably the first or second one in town now there are at least 4 just in the same color :x

9. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Back to topic, yes, it does sound bizarre. 'A' girlfriend? As in more than one? Looking for another guy? Sounds like Ex- or Former girlfriend. Or is it really girl friend, as in friend who happens to be female. AKA female friend.

Girlfriend, to me, implies non-putonic attachment. Was going to say romantic attachment, but some non-plutonic relationships are more superficial.

10. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah Dan....Geri Ann is a girl... It is very common for women to speak of their female friends as "girlfriends". She's trying to set up her friend with a guy.

And, knowing your compulsive tendencies, it isn't "Plutonic" (an adjective meaning formed from the cooling of magma beneath the earth's surface) the term is Platonic (spiriturally free of physical desire--after the philosopher Plato (with an 'a'--Pluto is the dog in Disney!! :wink: )

11. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    to say that non-"platonic" relationships are more superficial is making a blanket statemeht that in my case simply is not true.

12. ggalanti

ggalanti Junior Member

Thank you, Evan. Yes, I am a female who has lots of female friends, commonly known as "girlfriends." Geez...

So, any single guys in west LA out there who are interested in meeting a woman who likes the kind of guy who drives a Prius? (Environmentally consciousness, unpretentious, with enough money to afford a car.)

13. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Well, I'm 34, married, and live in chicagoland. But I'm nice and drive a Prius. Or is this one of those "all or nothing" situations?

14. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Oops, sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone. Didn't see that Geri Ann was a girl. My bad. Egg on face.

Also, thanks for the spell check. I did mean Platonic.

And, no, I did not say that all non-platonic relationships are superficial, I was saying that NOT ALL non-platonic relationships are meaningful. I did say SOME. I don't agree with 'meaningless' relationships, I believe one should go deeper than skin (hence romantic) in a 'relationship'. However, the world isn't perfect, and there are those that just want 'to have a good time'.

15. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    nothing wrong with having fun!!

16. cybele

cybele New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DanMan32\";p=\"53589)</div>
    Plutonic's good too - just means a friendly relationship with a cartoon dog.

17. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

I do love the pea soup.
    :sick: It's not puke. It's pea soup!

18. ebcain

ebcain New Member

Geri Ann, I do not want to steal V8Cobrakid's thunder but he is only 21 years old +1day, In the fifth post in this thread you mentioned that you had lots of girlfriends up in Northern California that were 40+, Do any of them like 45+ year old men that drive Prius's. If so feel free to give them my e-mail and or phone number. I always enjoy the company of a nice lady for a nice dinner. :D

19. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  20. JHartman

JHartman New Member

"Girlfriend" can be very confusing. I refer to my girlfriend as my girlfriend and this is not a platonic relationship. We are both the same sex. Personally I don't like to use the word partner as that can be used in a variety of ways too and domestic partner is way too long and not very endearing. Any new ideas?

My sister who has been with the same guy for 17 years refers to him as her "permanent boyfriend"

Wish I knew of a guy for the Santa Monica gal as I'm sure she's a catch. I've been trying to find someone for my assistant (30, thin, very sweet, no major problems) for some time but I've found that the majority of single guys in LA only want someone with movie star looks. Of course I know quite a few females with the same problem. And they wonder why they're single!

P.S. I love Anderson's Pea Soup!