1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are you for or against Daylight Savings?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by zenMachine, Mar 14, 2011.

1. franko

franko Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Here's another vote for UTC/GMT. Somehow we got most of the planet on the same calendar. We agree on the concept of hours and minutes (we don't normally have to convert those from some other units). How about abiding by one single time standard for the planet? Your company/school/etc. already has a convention for when you need to show up. Some declare work work hours to be 8 to 4; others 9 to 5. If we must have 'daylight savings time', leave the stupid clocks alone and let the word go out "Go to work an hour earlier/later".

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The Earth being round is just a theory! We should hear from all sides and let people decide for themselves!

3. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A fat monk once told me Earth was an oblate spheroid. Maybe he thought it was made in his image. :rolleyes:

4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Around here, latest sunrise under Standard Time is almost 8 am (7:57 in Seattle, 8:08 at Neah Bay).

Under year-round DST, that becomes about 9 am. To keep kids from going to school in the dark, we would have to push back school start times to 9:30 or 10 am.

Does anyone else remember winter DST in 1974, and going to school in the dark? Yes, a few students were killed in the morning darkness.

5. Troyroy

Troyroy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm all for DST...... it was never designed for getting kids to school during the daylight hours. It is a old, very old idea that has long since lost is purpose.
    We should all be encouraging our govt. people to support leaving DST on. It saves energy for our state building, turns off AC's earlier and turns off lighting earlier, saved energy = saved money for our gov.t's and us.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    believe me, i'd already be in orlando if i could get my wife out of this walk in freezer. she likes the cold:confused: