1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are you going to be cut off by the DNSChanger virus on July 9?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cwerdna, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Southern Dad

Southern Dad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I didn't buy my Apple because it looked nice. I bought it because the quality was without compare. That is the construction of the physical computer to the operating system. Out of the box my computer could run either Windows or OS-X equally well and in native environment. Then of course there was the added bonus of very few viruses when compared to the number of Windows viruses out there.

Macs integrate seamlessly with each other and other devices such as iPad, iPhones and iPods in the house. My 10-year-old daughter is currently using a MacBook that was purchased in 2006. The computer is on the current operating system of OS-X Lion and I've only had to do one hardware upgrade (RAM). No keys are broken, the screen hasn't dimmed, the hinges haven't worn out, nothing. Works better than the day we bought it. But that's a Mac.

There are those that won't buy a Prius because the batteries are too expensive, because you have to charge them, because the range is too short, etc. The Toyota Prius isn't for everyone and neither are Macs.

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've seen worse (Michelangelo virus, the Y2K scare, not to mention the ever-popular Good Times virus...)

3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I assume you bought a Prius because it looks nice, too.

4. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Might of. A windows machine usually has enough crashes and users so use to crappy software/hardware, that they might have been hammered. However, by having so much practice in rebooting, reinstalling the OS, etc. they might have recovered and just consider it just another day.

So ask the question; Has anyone had their windows machine act flaky lately?

5. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I take the 5th ammendment...but I am on old XP/IE8 system.
    Seems like WIN7/IE9 is more solid.